• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A lot of pictures, mostly B-bodies, from 2023 Mopar Cars In Da Bay, Bay St Louis MS, Cruisin the Coast!

That looked like a great show. Love all the high impact colors.

That looked like a great show. Love all the high impact colors.
Thanks, and I love those colors too, although Lemon Twist and Black is my favorite combo...
20231001_174546.jpg

That is a pic of the 440's last cruise, a day before it broke.

Thanks for the pics Bio and sorry to hear about the engine crapping out.

I hope to have my 73 Charger streetable and reliable to drive and join next year.

Hopefully bringing it home next week!

355BE43B-6EC4-48A2-A78F-BB22BDC6B761.jpeg

Some great looking cars. I really like that 69 T5 Charger R/T.

The red Gen III 65 Hemi Barracuda was built in a shop about 90 miles from us near Chicago. The owner is a FABO member. My neighbor and I were allowed to drive up and check out the build. That car was completely tore down to nothing and then built to what it is now. It is truly awesome especially when you are up close and personal to it. We kind of got lucky to experience part of the build as we bought original parts from the owner not being used in the rebuild. So the owner and shop owner let us drive up go inside and check it out. Thanks for sharing the pictures. We have always wanted to go to this event.

We have always wanted to go to this event.
20231004_092829.jpg

Well, this year there are over NINE THOUSAND registered vehicles! There are more that show up on the coast, but the specific "show" venues are only open to registered vehicles.
It's like nothing else I've ever done.
It's like traveling back through time.
Mecum Kissimmee, The Chrysler Nat's, other car events are all nice, but this is an experience.

Although there are some events Sunday morning, mostly closing the week out related, I consider today, Saturday, to be the end of Cruisin the Coast.
This has always been the "biggest" day, and before I was a participant with the Roadrunner and GTO, it was the day I made sure to go.
A cool front came through and the weather is great! My wife works night shift tonight, and I don't have my Roadrunner, so the challenge of "finding a spot" in Bay St Louis to display the 2 cars in a well trafficked area wasn't the thing this year.
Unless we luck into a good spot in Bay St Louis, we may cruise to Ocean Springs and drive through some of the venues today instead of parking and staying put in Bay St Louis.
Regardless, I have enjoyed my time off, even though I haven't had my car.
Thanks again for the replies and I'll post some more pix after today.

Here's a video I shot riding through part of "the route" in Bay St Louis today. We got very lucky, and got a spot in a highly visible and heavily trafficked area on the Bay, that you normally would have to park a vehicle as a place keeper the night before to get.
I drove in on Beach Road, and a guy with a white 66 421 Tripower GTO came up to us and said they were moving their car from normal "parallel parked" position to the "angled" show position and asked if we wanted to park next to him, so we did!
We walked through the venue, chatted with friends and a few people we didn't know about their cars, and then decided to head to the farthest away coastal venue, Ocean Springs MS. That town is always crowded it seems, and is loaded with some of the biggest, oldest oak trees you have ever seen. When I got to the "main show street" in Ocean Springs, it was SO packed with pedestrians I decided not to drive through. It would have been an uncomfortable cruise because of inherent danger, with so many people oblivious to the cars driving through, and it was around 12:30 and we had The Shed BBQ lined up for the all encompassing meal of the day.
Anyway, the video starts from the spot I parked at, and goes most of the way through the 2 main roads where people park to show their cars. The people walking in the streets in this video are about 1/4 as many as the throngs who were saturating Ocean Springs.
It's nothing special, but it should give you an idea of what Bay St Louis looked like today.

Did you have the hair colored purple this year?

Did you have the hair colored purple this year?
No, no Mohawk because my hair has gotten about as long as it's ever been and I made the mistake of asking my wife what she wanted me to do. She doesn't want me to get it cut, ever.
As far as coloring it Purple to match the Roadrunner cartoon bird's head feathers, I didn't have my Roadrunner, but I was already weighing the odds of someone "getting it" after I explained it was intended to mimic the Roadrunner's head feathers (of a car I'm not driving) vs them thinking I was a Democrat, and it just wasn't worth the risk. Lol...

Last pix, but certainly not the least...
I have to admire the dedication to "the theme" that it takes to keep ALL 3 of the major vehicles from The Dukes of Hazzard going, looking good, and driving together for the whole week, not to mention at least three drivers!
20231007_121748.jpg

The last pic is a true "Hot Rod" and what I really liked about it was the wheel size/large diameter, and short roof height. I imagined something like the "Odd Rod" bubble gum stickers, with an impossibly large, long arm sticking out of the roof holding an equally absurd dimensions shifter.
I looked inside and the shift rod does almost reach the roof! Lol!
20231007_104733.jpg

HUGE turnout, another RECORD:
"The 27th annual Cruisin’ The Coast, a weeklong car show dubbed “America’s Largest Block Party,” just passed 10,000 registrants for the first time on Friday, according to Cruisin’ The Coast Executive Director Woody Bailey."
https://www.sunherald.com/news/local/article280210959.html

Auto Transport Service
Back