• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Son Learns The Value of Being a Mopar Guy

Bruzilla

Local time
3:19 AM
Reaction score
My youngest son just started a new job working at a company that manufactures filters for various aircraft applications, and he works with a lot of guys his age and most of them are heavy into ricemobiles. He told me the discussions around the lunch table are usually all about imports, and high-performance things like fart can mufflers and strobe light kits. :) Since I need someone to change the gears out in the center I have, I asked him to ask his co-workers if they know anyone who's good with working on Mopar rears. I knew it was a long shot, but you never know.

So my son goes to work, and they're on a break, and Chris is talking about how his Dad needs someone who can change the gears in a Mopar rear, and he's getting nothing but blank stares until the owner of the company comes over and asks who's talking about Mopars, and my son says he is. So the owner says "why are you asking? You don't have a Mopar.", and my son says "I don't, but my Dad does," and he shows him some pictures of our Road Runner. His boss whistles, says how much he likes our car, and then walks into his office.

A few minutes later, the boss comes out, calls my son, and says to come to his office, which is usually a bad thing. Chris goes in the office, and the boss has a bunch of pictures of a 69 Road Runner, 68 GTX, and a 71 Cuda on his desk and he starts telling my son how he's been a Mopar guy since he was a kid and these are three of the cars he owns. The boss is going on and on about his cars when my son's foreman sticks his head in the office because he 's looking for Chris and doesn't know why he's in with the owner, and the owner says "you need something?" and Chris's boss says no and shut the door while the owner went back to talking about Mopars.

So Chris finally comes out and his foreman thinks Chris is about to get fired and instead the owner is all smiles and chummy as all get up, and tells Chris to tell me if we need any work done he'll be glad to hook me up. So Chris tells the foreman what happened, and he starts laughing and says "if you can speak Mopar, you just became his favorite person". :)

Yesterday I sent Chris a text explaining everything I needed done to the rear end, and he told me last night the owner said he knows some guys and can get us a great deal, so now I'll hopefully catch a break on the price of replacing the gears and the owner of the company my son works for thinks my son is awesome because he's a Mopar guy. :) Now all those times I had Chris helping me work on these cars are giving him all kinds of war stories to share with the owner of the company, and they have a whole new value for him.

That is great to hear. Good for him! Sounds like quite the win for the both of you.

Great story!

Now let's hope your son doesn't find a dead import cylinder head on his work bench (from the import mafia).

That's awesome. It's always nice to hear good stories like that. You ought to let the kid drive it to work some day to show off to the Boss & especially the rice eaters.

I already told him he could drive the road runner to work, but he's scared to death that would be the day he would get hit by somebody and then I would have to kill him. :)

great deal for Chris, never hurts to have something in common with the boss... did you "finally" get your car back/done ??

I like his bosses taste in cars

Good story Bruz. Your son has discovered one of benefits of "the dark side". His boss has a whole different perception of him now. Good for him.

That's awesome.

When I graduated I was interviewing at Case/NH for a design eng position...the mgr had a pic of his 69 Mustang on his office wall, so I asked about it. We hadn't even technically started the interview, and ended up using all the time bs'ing about cars.

that's great tell Chris he did good nice to get on the good side of the boss and talk Mopar that's a win win for him

Win Win either way. I had a co-Worker/onsite boss like that too (Boss, or Foreman either or you know...) But it worked out great as the rest of "our crew" had no idea what we were even talking about. and yes, Mopar was the subject.....Stevie (the Foreman), was a good Boss too, he respected any and everyone he worked with but in our work, there was a lot of travel time so. and the company we worked for, paid hourly for the travel too and FROM.. which was nice specially when you were 4 hours away from return you know?

Great to hear all this!!!!! Good for your son too. he's got a REAL "one-up" on all his co-workers, as those Fart Cans and 4 poppers, tryin to pop considering that Mopar will be hammerin, WAY past those beefed up 4 cylinder Imported things....Fart Cans, don't even get me started! LOL

Great Story! I find when traveling for my career that old car guys are just about everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Great story!

Now let's hope your son doesn't find a dead import cylinder head on his work bench (from the import mafia).

LMAO!

Great story! Not only does Ma Mopar blow doors off, she can open some too. ;)

Man that's sweet I have a co-worker that's a mope head that's all we do is talk cars but I don't see him a lot but when I do it something about mopars !!! :headbang:

Bruz- Kudos to you for sharing your knowledge, experience and TIME with your son. If more fathers did that these days, we would have a lot less problems in our country. Sons need to learn how to be stand up men and they can only learn that from spending time with their Dads. Good job !!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back