• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A mopar brother in bad shape !

Bb70charger500

Local time
2:57 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys ,as some as you know I myself am not in the heat condition. But I like helping people if I'm able . I had a nerve block a while back and if some remember I used that time to help this old man get his pride and joy 68 sport fury conv back up to 100%. I did this just to do it I enjoyed working on a car that has been owned by this guy for 48 years. He tried paying me I refused as I did it to do it. Well he has no family I find out as I've been spending more time with him as it makes his day and why not I sit around doing nothing my self screw it might as well sit and watch TV with him right . Well he went in for a hip replacement this past Wednesday his health care seriget dropped him of and then disappeared . Long story short our mopar friend got thrown out of hospital today after they told him his insurance won't pay anymore money out . They also won't pay for rehab . Now I have been going to see him and sit with him everyday since he went in there so they all knew me very well . The nurse came in sad something to Pete and had him sign something then said thank you do you need help getting him out to your car as I walked back in the room . I was forced to take him , so I brought him home now he's around 87 years old I spent 3 hours trying to get answers about a rehab facility but his insurance says nope! I'm purity sure the v.a. won't turn him away right? He's retired navy ,sea bees I might add.
This all seems so wrong to me that they can do this to anyone. I've been taking care of him and will continue too until I need to but I'm nothing but a hurt mechanic I'm not a doctor . I'm young so I haven't been around for as long as most of you guys but any input would be helpful . I got a therapist and a home nurse coming out tomorrow at noon but they are fairly useless I say he needs a full time nurse or a recovery facility . He has a feeding tube and can't stand to make his mix . I might be over my head but I can't sit by why he gets pushed into a corner. He's a human,retired navy that fought for our country,and he's a mopar man . And to top it all off he's alone it just makes me sick .
And I found out today his health care seriget is basically in it for something called a trust witch would give him everything ,if this man died . So seems like he's in it for money not to be a good human to help one another!
But now the old man wants me to be pit as the trusty and I don't know if I like that because I didn't do this for money I did it out of right and wrong so what do I do I can't /won't stop helping him but the money thing is making me uncomfortable now . It's probably not alot as he doesn't have much do I stay the course and let him do what he wants it will get it away from the government and the money grubbing guy that's only around when it's beneficial to him . Or do I say something and poss upset the old man I guess a trust can't go to a charity. I rather not get involved with people and money it gets nasty quick and of course his daughter that clams him as dead will surely be around at the end to collect something. This is why he wants me to be the trusty as he wants no one else to get anything . What do I do it doesn't seem right . It's been bothering me all night since he brought it up after getting him in bed for the night.

I didn't read your whole thread but you two need to check with the Veterans Administration to get him some benefits. I see no reason why Medicare wouldn't take care or it. Thank you for helping him and thank him for his service.

Like you stated, he probably doesn't have much. Make the guy happy and do what he wishes. If you are devoting some of your time to help him out in his time of need, that's being very generous. Paying it forward to those who served is a privilege. It's happening to you and him for a reason.

Wow you have your hands full! And I might add you're a generous, kind young man to be doing all your doing. You're right in all you state about his status as a human and deserves human kindness. The system is so void of that. Being a trustee for his will is different than being a beneficiary of the contents of his will. It sounds like he wants you to be in charge of the results of what ever his will contains. If he wants you to get what he leaves behind he needs to change his will to so state. I would contact the VA and also catholic charities and ask them for help. You don't have to be catholic to be helped by them and they have many case workers that help with the elderly. My brother is one in Minneapolis. I don't know,the laws in your state however in many cases you can't be both the trustee and the beneficiary if the man has a trust set up. If it's just a will you probably could be both.

You've got more on your plate than you can handle alone. Reach out to the appropriate facilities for support. And God bless you for being the kind of guy you are. Not everyone is so thoughtful.

Last edited:
Yeah I must have not got the memo with the rest of my useless generation I'm 29 and sometimes I wonder if I should just say screw it like the rest. But I know it's wrong . I think we will be able to deff get him something from the v.a. but I don't think they will send a nurse . It's amazing how stuff like this works out. I meet him only in dec 22 at the mopar clubs Christmas party . (He hasn't attended anything in 7-8 years since his wife died) since he has the feeding tube he doesn't bother because there's no point he couldn't eat anything .... but he said for some reason he saw the news letter saw that it was going on in the next hour and decided that w.t.h. why not and he came out . Me being the vice president of the club I go around and talk alot to everyone especially new people to try and get them to come back . I didn't know he was one of the org founders of the club .well as the party went on he found out I fix cars and asked if I could look at the timing of his fury. I of course being me said sure no problem . Witch got us together. Then things just meshed together nicely like we knew each other from birth. Now I am always told I'm a old soul so yeah we get along great . Honestly he reminds me of my grandfather right before he passed so I got a soft spot I guess and then I got another nerve block on this pass Fri it took forever to get the first one and about 2 weeks till the actual day this one was wam bam thank you mam . And I was 100% the day we figured out the hospital left him laying in pee for an hour .that I ended up cleaning him and his bed . I had words with the nurse after words. But honestly if I didn't get that nerve block I wouldn't be able to help him it's weird how everything lined up I was just hospital at the right time every day he was there ect. I guess it was the big man's plan for me right now I guess he will let me know who to help next . Hopefully he sees fit to get my back fixed so I can better serve people. Thanks guys you are making me feel a bit better about the situation

Getx'ed just read your post . As I understood what he was trying to say there is no will it's basically like joint custody it is a FL. Thing if/when he goes at that point whoever is named after him in this document then takes control over everything he owns after any out standing debts are payed back there for a lean would be put on the trailer if I sold it and he owed someone $10000 and I sold it for $50000 I'd get $40000 if I don't sell they can't collect until money is transferd so if I give the property away free and clear nothing would happen to anything . Basically this way keep s the money hungry people from saying he said I get this or that it's all in the trust documented and it gets turned over to he deems his hair witch can skip over even his own kid to a random stranger if ur wanted.
Kinda see why it's bothering me there will be tons of pissed off people if there's more family then he's telling me about but the daughter came last time he was in hospital and pawned about $5000 worth of his stuff and stole probably another $4000 then got a restraining order against him because he wanted to speak about the stuff and this was her easy out.
She tells her son that grandpa is dead when the son ask

:thumbsup: Good for you brother, not too many people would take time to do something like that!

Don't worry about pissing anybody off. You're doing the things that his family should be doing. And it sounds like he knows you're intentions are not about any monetary gain.
Every thing happens for a reason. Don't ask. Just do what you're suppressed to do. Apparently it was meant for the two of you to cross paths for whatever reason.

Bb70, sir you are a class act. I wish more people were like you. Im keeping my fingers crossed for the both of you.

First off, you are a very kind person for doing what you are doing! I am very close to your age and can say much of the same things about our generation. I am not in your situation but it sounds like you and this guy are pretty close friends and he knows you well enough to know you are not in it for the money which is why he wants you to help him in this way. If it were me, I would help him out and if you didn't feel right about taking any money from his estate, donate it to his church or something that meant something to him. I personally think you are doing a wonderful and kind thing helping this man out!

Medicare should be taking care of his hospital (specific) but even then, I believe it's illegal for a hospital to deny services because a patient can not pay.

Last edited:
Thanks guys . Today I'll be going threw paper work and insurance stuff today to figure out what's going on I've been speaking with the v.a. hospital they say they don't do any home care . So on to Medicare to see if they will send a nurse. At this point he's so happy to be home I'd say no to a rehab facility and worse case I'll just wipe his *** for a mother week oh well right? Nothing gloves and soap can't fix .
I feel bad as he's extremely independent and now he's starting to realize he can't take care of himself without someone. But as I told him lucky for him he's not alone.

I went through some of this with my own mom and dad, but not nearly as complicated. It's great of you to take this on even though you'd rather not. Contact the VA for his care and I would think they'd have some recommendations on a social worker to help with the legal parts. Was he a union member? If so his Union should be able to help especially with the legal end of it. You might want to consult with an attorney to protect yourself, these type of "heirs" can make real problems. Good luck and thanks.

You are a good friend indeed!:thankyou: The VA should be able to help him. We know you did not friend him for his assets,but you are now the man he can TRUST! Please adhere to his wishes.If you don't or can't keep the car,donate it it to the high school shop! Thanks for helping a US Veteran:usflag:

You are a good man!
And the best thing to do, is exactly was this gentleman wants you to. Don't worry about feeling greedy. This man was a SeaBee, and they are the engineers for the Navy. My point being he's an intelligent man, capable of deciding where to place what little he has. Do not offend him by denying his wishes.
The proper thing to do, is to do as he wishes. Your friendship to him is priceless!

I haven't read all the posts - my attention span isn't that long BUT from the jist of it he doesn't want certain people getting his ****. This is not solved by naming you as "trustee", that just means you carry out the wishes of his written will. No will ... the estate gets everything regardless of you being "trustee". The bottom line is he needs a written will - properly notorized or witnessed while he is "of sound mind". If he wants you to look after his affairs he should give you "power of attorney" which gives you the right to look after his (financial) affairs if he's not capable. There should be an "executor" of the will (usually named in the will) who is essentially the "trustee" as you call it, who see's the estate is dispersed per the will. And for what its worth, that "executor" is usually compensated with a fixed amount specified in the will or a percentage of the estate - usually 10%. Do not get "executor" confused with "power of attorney" - they are not necessarily one and the same.

The State has a VA outreach coordinator. Call the state government offices. Or, call a local National Guard/ active Army / Navy base. They will take care of their own. He is surely due some care and services since he served. Call your State Senator and Congressperson as well. Also there is a thing called the Military One Source. Call 1-800-342-9647. they will have EVERY answer and approach that you and he can exploit to get him care. Good luck, and thank him for his service from us. Oh and I would be willing to bet that there is a National, if not International See Bees organization that would LOVE to meet him and take him under their wings.

Screenshot_20170327-193716.jpg

SEABEES are a proud elite group of engineers. They do not accept just any potato peeler or latrine queen. You must pass a difficult entrance exam and training. Building runways under sniper fire and while getting strafed by Japanese Zeros isn't for the faint of heart. They played one of the most crucial roles of any service branch in our Victory over Japan.

Auto Transport Service
Back