• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A much different looking chaos - 1906

PlymCrazy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:17 PM
Reaction score
1906 (No, not a Edelbrock lol)
Chaos on the streets 100+ years ago seemed to have a much different feel to it.

:rofl: :rofl: Get out of my fricken' way you ol' hay burner!!!!!

The film is either reversed or it's from overseas. The cars are right hand drive. Nope, see below!

Last edited:
Don't think the placement of steering on left was standardized. The building at end of street is in SF.

I’d love to see the size of the camera they were using…

Don't think the placement of steering on left was standardized. The building at end of street is in SF.
I see 1908. Hey, I learned something today.
"However, with the introduction of the steering wheel in 1898, a central location was no longer technically possible. Car makers usually copied existing practice and placed the driver on the curbside. Thus, most American cars produced before 1910 were made with right-side driver seating, although intended for right-side driving. Such vehicles remained in common use until 1915, and the 1908 Model T was the first of Ford's cars to feature a left-side driving position."

On The Right Side of the Road - General Highway History - Highway History - Federal Highway Administration.

We need to go back to those kind of streets! No red lights, stop signs or cross walks.
Amazing how there weren’t any folks in that video getting out of their cars or buggies ready to fight about being cut off in traffic.

I thought the steering wheel being on the left side was due to our not liking England, as they are right side. Learned something new today, thank you.

Amazing how there weren’t any folks in that video getting out of their cars or buggies ready to fight about being cut off in traffic.
Or at least flipping each other off lol. Just shows ta goya, people back then were more civil.....

We need to go back to those kind of streets! No red lights, stop signs or cross walks.
:rofl: Uh, it's already doing that. So many run red lights, stop signs and don't care who is in the crosswalk.....

Or at least flipping each other off lol. Just shows ta goya, people back then were more civil.....
Or pulling a gun and "Poppin a cap in yo ***" :lol:

Or pulling a gun and "Poppin a cap in yo ***" :lol:
Yup...I try my best to stay away from Houston!! So far, it's been a couple of years or so since being downtown and way longer since being on the west side.

No rules of the road? Scanned through it but heard one horn. Today fist fights, gun fights and anarchy !

That is some neat footage. Someone had to dub in sound years later but did a good job.
Crazy to think my grandparents were 2 or 3 years old at that time.

Auto Transport Service
Back