• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A reunion of a man and his muscle car, 40 years apart.

Great story Dave. You did a lot better than I would have loading a 4-speed car on that trailer lol. Did you show him the pics of the murals when you got the car?

That was great, brought a tear to my eye. Steve

Earl has hundreds if photos and a couple videos. He can look at every detail of his car's refurb.

:)

Dave you are good people and i am glad to know ya even if it's onley by blog,

Earl has hundreds if photos and a couple videos. He can look at every detail of his car's refurb.

That's incredible . . . Dave, you deserve 40 pats on the back for the job you did restoring it, and then selling it back to him . . .

Wait - 39, I can't believe you didn't fix the dent in the dash ! ! ! ( SMILE ) . . .

Dave,

To echo what many here have said: You are a good man. There are many people who would have told the guy to buzz off. You have made a great friend and have now been a part of making one of the greatest stories in this guy's life.

I wish all the best for you, and I hope you end up with an even better car than you had - you deserve it...

Hawk

Great story Dave thanks for sharing. Car went 520 miles home, I take it didn't stay in the great state of Minnesota?

Dave, you are a great dude! Thanks for sharing the story and I look forward to reading about your new ventures.

Dave, watched the video in the projects thread. On a scale of 1-10, it's definitely a 15. Any future projects in the works or are you going to put your shop up first?

Well guys, I do have a couple of project cars waiting for their turn through the new shop but no mopars yet.

Earl is from Iowa, that's where he purchased this car when he was 17 and now he's brought it back home again over 40 years later.

I heard from him today, he's home safe and sound with the car and he's already having fun tinkering with it.

Cool beans... That guys gotta feel like a million bucks eh. Sitting in that seat must have been an instant hit of the rewind button. I agree with all these other cats, mighty swell of ya and it's one heck of a story. What makes it really cool is so many people dream about their first car back in the driveway, but here we watched it play out real time. Odds of that gotta be like lottery odds.

Well guys, I do have a couple of project cars waiting for their turn through the new shop but no mopars yet.

Earl is from Iowa, that's where he purchased this car when he was 17 and now he's brought it back home again over 40 years later.

I heard from him today, he's home safe and sound with the car and he's already having fun tinkering with it.

Dave, that is one of the coolest stories I have read, just goes to show, these cars are more than metal, rubber and plastic... they are who we are.

Right on and thanks for sharing.

I bet his eyes were glued to the rear view mirror of his tow truck all the way back home. I know mine would have been. Great story. I probably couldn't afford to buy back my 1st Mopar if someone restored it & offered it back to me.

Auto Transport Service
Back