• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A while back..

GTX.JCW

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:46 AM
Reaction score
I was conferring with Budnicks about his new instrument panel and it's installation. Well, I have moved forward on this and it is almost complete; along with a bunch of stuff that I have managed to put off for one reason or another. Mostly procrastination!!

Here are a couple of picts of the new panel. The picts are a bit fuzzy as I forgot my regular camera and used my cell phone for these. One of the issues Bud had talked about was the lack of room for the new speedo & tach. That was solved by removing the small lip of upholstery that surrounds the switch panel. No pics of that as it has not come back from the upholstery shop as yet. This provided enough room for the new panel. We went a bit further with the panel. We designed a 1 piece panel that goes all the way across the dash. It is 1/8 aluminum and will be painted black. I have an extra GTX badge that would go on the trunk panel that will go on the dash on the right side where the red GTX is on the fake wood piece.

Along with the dash, we replaced the pitted chrome pieces and all the window bits, installed the new engine and dash harnesses, and installed an American Powertrain hydraulic clutch system.

My left knee has been taking a beating with the new 3 finger borg & beck unit I put in when I did the trans swap.

panel.JPG

IMG_0496.jpg

Should have it done late in the week..

Jeff

Finished at last.

Well, it's done. And it looks and works great!

Overall shot of the instruments

dash.jpg

Right side of the dash with the new GTX emblem

right side of dash.jpg

After removing the lip from the dash pad it only covers just the bottom of the speedo & tach

instrument coverage.jpg

The whole dash was removed, stripped, a little body and fender work to smooth out some of the surfaces, a complete repaint and an all new dash harness. We had a bunch of grounding issues on reinstall. Most involving the interior lighting ( dome & map ). Solved those and found a bad door light switch in the process.

I guess that's it for now. But, who knows!

Jeff

Auto Transport Service
Back