• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A12 black out behind grill

I need your help.
Did A12 receive the black out behind the grill?
If so I need photos of this area to determine where it starts and ends.
I never removed grille from my original paint Y2 A12 but here are two pics from the top...obviously Lynch Rd. I also have a St Louis built 69 Gtx Q5 original paint that looks spot on

20211225_210552.jpg 20211225_210609.jpg

Hey kris, you need to post photos of all your toys in welcome thread, folks here would love to see the collection, ken

Hey neighbor! I'm on it. Never thought there were so many connections on here. Kris

The factory did not mask off anything when this black out was applied. On original unrestored cars you can see the overspray into the engine bay by the battery tray as well as other places. You can see black paint specs atop my fenders for example.

If you are going for OE correct you will want to spray it from the bottom up so the overspray details are replicated. My car was on a lift above my head when we did this detail. Just like on the line as some else mentioned above.

It all depends on what you are looking to achieve at the end of the restoration. I hope this helps.

D

20190427_204635.jpg

Although it was corporate policy to black out the area behind the grille, not all vehicles received it. I have seen, and owned, original paint Mopar's of various colors that never received the treatment. Even had factory markings in the area.
Best guess is it occurred during a period when workers stopped but the line didn't.

If you have an original car that does not have the blackout treatment, look hard for factory markings. Photo document it.

Auto Transport Service
Back