• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A12 on Smokey Mountain Traders

dan juhasz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:18 AM
Reaction score
https://www.smokymountaintraders.com/cars-for-sale/467/1969-dodge-super-bee-a12#

I was looking at this A12, I'm not that familiar with A12 cars, just what I have read in multiple internet articles. So who better to ask than A12 owners. Price seems reasonable, if you folks could look at the photo's in the link I'd really appreciate any feedback or glaring problems noticed. Also if there are specific questions I should ask about components that would be costly to find /replace please let me know.
Thanks
Dan

Hey Dan, I had my eyes on that car since last year. It was for sale in Upstate NY, but a bit far for a ride to look at during the shutdown. It sold recently, my guess is to Smokey Mountain Traders, and looks like they bought it to flip, as it sold for under $60K. Appears to be a Very Nice Car from the pics...

SMT has some great looking stuff, the models ain't half bad either. Some of that inventory has been there for a while, prices are a bit on the high side but it looks like some quality rides. I guess if you want it bad enough you'll cough up the cash....

I think the asking price is in the range for a well done non matching numbers car. I agree that their advertised price is usually higher than what they will take. I'm sure they will come down. An actual example. I traded a 69 Barracuda formula S 383 4-speed, matching numbers car and another car for my 68 Hemi Dart. The guy is a dealer and immediately sold the other car. A year or so later he wanted to sell the Barracuda and ended up selling it to Smoky Mountain Traders and they advertised it for $52995 for over a year. I talked to the next owner who bought it from them. He told me personally that he paid 44K for it.
RockyandAndyStuff 095.JPG
RockyandAndyStuff 110.JPG

Not to mention painted with a shitty brush..
Do you feel the tag is not original also? I looked past the horse hairs in the brushed on paint but the tag appears to have rust pits, I didn't suspect it as being a repop.

The first sign is the corner of the tag has never been bent. The factory attached the tag at one corner then bent it up to paint afterwards pushed it down and fastened the other corner with an unpainted screw.

Do you feel the tag is not original also? I looked past the horse hairs in the brushed on paint but the tag appears to have rust pits, I didn't suspect it as being a repop.
It's missing any sign of inspection stamps or other usual defect/dents.

They guessed at a lot of things.....

There are people out there that pay attention to this ****.

69_WM23_A12_D21_F6_290887_LR.jpg

Last edited:
if their cars have as much plastic filler as their models.....

If you guys are seriously interested in this car you need to contact Darrin aka Big D A12. I can guarantee you they have been following the car on the Lift Off Hood Playground.

If you guys are seriously interested in this car you need to contact Darrin aka Big D A12. I can guarantee you they have been following the car on the Lift Off Hood Playground.
Wasn’t aware of the site , just registered

Auto Transport Service
Back