• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A727 troubles…

mavwreck

Local time
11:06 AM
Reaction score
Have a torqueflite in my 67 coronet that I’m having shifting issues with.
1-2 shift under light throttle is right about where it’s supposed to be
1-2 shift WOT shifts too early (3900 rpm)
2-3 shift under light throttle is too high (3000 rpm)
2-3 shift WOT will not shift unless I slightly let off the throttle

2300 stall converter
440 engine with a cam
3.23 rear gear
Lokar cable kickdown
B&M z-gate shifter and it is adjusted correctly.

I took the pan off and there isn’t any clutch material in the bottom of it. The trans recently had new seals and gaskets installed. Could it be a band adjustment? Kickdown adjusted wrong? Clutches destroyed? Valve body screwed? Line pressure? I’m not much of a transmission guy so I don’t even know where to start. PLEASE HELP!

Have a torqueflite in my 67 coronet that I’m having shifting issues with.
1-2 shift under light throttle is right about where it’s supposed to be
1-2 shift WOT shifts too early (3900 rpm)
2-3 shift under light throttle is too high (3000 rpm)
2-3 shift WOT will not shift unless I slightly let off the throttle

2300 stall converter
440 engine with a cam
3.23 rear gear
Lokar cable kickdown
B&M z-gate shifter and it is adjusted correctly.

I took the pan off and there isn’t any clutch material in the bottom of it. The trans recently had new seals and gaskets installed. Could it be a band adjustment? Kickdown adjusted wrong? Clutches destroyed? Valve body screwed? Line pressure? I’m not much of a transmission guy so I don’t even know where to start. PLEASE HELP!
Did it shift OK before the reseal? Who replaced the seals? Was it a quick and dirty seal job? Could be a dirt issue. You need to check pressures to properly diagnose your issues. Were the clutch seals replaced too? We need lots of info here!
Mike

Did it shift OK before the reseal? Who replaced the seals? Was it a quick and dirty seal job? Could be a dirt issue. You need to check pressures to properly diagnose your issues. Were the clutch seals replaced too? We need lots of info here!
Mike
Well it was shifting ok. But it gave up the guts today. Totally lost 3rd gear. On a different note I just aquired a 4 speed setup so now I get to go through that whole rigamaroll

Auto Transport Service
Back