• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A833 Four Speed Transmission Fluid Recommendation

My friend, you created your post UNDER the heading of my original post, and now I’m receiving answers to your post! Please create your own thread. Thanks!
Dear 440ME
Didnt mean to hijack your post!
Thanks for letting me know
I think I know where to check tho
Thanks!

there is nothing to go bad on that breather, but there is a thin metal shield underneath it held in place by a couple tangs on the tailshaft case, if this is missing or out of place fluid will be thrown out the breather

I’m going to change my A833 4 speed transmission fluid ….asking for suggestions on the best type and weight oil to put back in it…..also how much does it hold…..
I know this may sound funny. But I'm a young kid who really wants to learn how to do stuff on classic cars on my own. I've got a A833 4-speed transmission in my 73 challenger which is out of a 1970 roadrunner. My question is: where is the transmission fluid dipstick located? or how do I check my transmission fluid.
thank you very much.

No dipstick. You have to get underneath and remove the plug in the side of the case. The lube should be just below the bottom of the hole which you can check by sticking a finger in and down. There’s a smaller plug in the bottom for draining.

No dipstick. You have to get underneath and remove the plug in the side of the case. The lube should be just below the bottom of the hole which you can check by sticking a finger in and down. There’s a smaller plug in the bottom for draining.
Thank you very much!

My friend, you created your post UNDER the heading of my original post, and now I’m receiving answers to your post! Please create your own thread. Thanks!
So, how do you figure this is 'your' thread? A guy that goes by the name of Steven Bowers is the OP......or original poster that started the thread.

Why debate the point Brewers and Passon are both experienced, dedicated Mopar transmission experts...
Unless 1 is located in Alaska, why run anything different than good, ole 90W-140W gear lube...

Just my $0.02...

Bottle of penzoil synchromesh states it is GL-3, I hear a consensus that anything used should be GL-4. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks in advance.

Auto Transport Service
Back