• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AC Crimp Tool

BMosely

Local time
1:30 AM
Reaction score
Since we have been back up and running for a year plus I seem to keep chasing AC issues that all fall back to poor workmanship by others. I used the Classic Air kit retaining the factory heater box. The hoses are sent loose on one end for custom fitting which then requires the fitting to be crimped. I finally put die in and it turns out to be a leak at a bad crimp performed locally. Of course it was the high pressure side with custom fittings so I reordered, cut, clocked the fittings and had the shop crimp them. Just that fast one of those new crimps is bad. I think when I looked at tools originally I was seeing $600 range which is why I shopped it out. After this, I dug deeper and found 2 very viable options. $90 and $130. I went with the $130 hydraulic version because it can be used under the hood if needed and is exactly how I fixed my fitting. It took maybe 2 minutes to be open, cut, crimped and put back together. The cheaper tool needs a vice to work so under car is out. Looking at the use of the manual tool it needs 85 ft /lbs for completion. This is the tool that the shop used. My guess is he went to far and ended up with the ears flared on the fitting. Just throwing this out for anyone building their system. Go ahead and get the crimp tool and get it right the first time.

IMG_0236.png

IMG_0235.png

I have the Hydraulic one ^^^^ .Works well.
Need some time to get used to it.

I have the hydraulic one and it paid for itself in one project.

I have the hydraulic one as well and it worked fine for my build also

Auto Transport Service
Back