AC Heat Time Delay Relay

Heating, Cooling & AC

1. LowBikeMike

LowBikeMike Active Member

Local Time:
    12:34 AM
    Would someone with a 69 w/factory AC be kind enough to pull the two wires from their AC time delay relay (found under the right hand trim panel at bottom of heater box)and measure the resistance between the two terminals on the relay without vacuum applied?

I'm working on putting my AC wiring back together properly and have figured out how this relay works, but mine is showing close to 75 ohms at rest, then infinite once I apply vacumm and the timer kicks out. I think the infinity reading is correct, but I don't think it should have 75 ohms to start with, I cannot find any source that gives any specs.

Thank you in advance. I would also be interested in purchasing a good used AC time delay relay for a reasonable price.

2. Sixpactogo

Sixpactogo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I have two of them. One reads 1.3 ohms and the other about 3 ohms. Not sure if either is right.

3. LowBikeMike

LowBikeMike Active Member

Local Time:
    Thank you. That is more of what I would be expecting. Low resistance to let current pass to blower motor until it times out then an open circuit stopping current flow.

If you would like to sell one of them I would be interested.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.