• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AC or Max Cooling?

73RR4SPD

Local time
12:08 PM
Reaction score
I'm curious which one would provide the most cooling? I know there's many aftermarket choices but I'd like to stick with a factory rad.

My car is a 73 RR 4 spd with factory ac option that I plan on adding. The motor is a 512" street motor that's driven in Metro Vancouver, BC, Canada so it doesn't get very hot here. I could probably get away with either but was just curious of the differences.

Thank in advance.

The max cooling setting recirculates interior air, while A/C pulls outside air in to cool it. So max cooling will be coldest setting because you keep cooling cool air.

Max cool option gets you the biggest thickest radiator. As an example in 1971 the big block a/c auto radiator was a 960 and only a 2 core, 959 max cool was 3 core. Just buy a max cool from Glen Ray.

Max cool option gets you the biggest thickest radiator. As an example in 1971 the big block a/c auto radiator was a 960 and only a 2 core, 959 max cool was 3 core. Just buy a max cool from Glen Ray.
That answers my question, thank you!!

"Max cooling" package on fender tag is different than "Max" setting on AC controls.

Looks like there's some confusion above.

Auto Transport Service
Back