• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Actors you could never look at the same again...

That is an interesting story, Ron.
I think about the concept of one minute sooner, one minute later as it pertains to accidents or triumphs.
There have been numerous times in my life that I felt as if I had some sort of divine intervention. I've worked on roofs and structures above ground for almost 38 years. I've come close to falling many times but have only hit the ground 3 or 4 times and even then, never seriously hurt. I've had what some call "near misses" in traffic too. As an aside...that term is bullshit when looked at in the literal sense. If you nearly miss something, you hit it.
Anyway....
I've left a lane and seen other drivers ahead suddenly screech to a halt.
One time I got home and jacked up my truck and the outer tie rod broke right there. An hour earlier I was bombing down mountain roads that had no guardrails.
I've driven way above the speed limit, then slowed down mere seconds before a Cop shows up.
I've had circular saws jam and kick back away from me rather than toward me.
Flying debris has shown up moments after I put my sunglasses on when there was nothing in the air moments before.
I've never had any luck with the lottery but I've had great luck elsewhere.

numerous times in my life that I felt as if I had some sort of divine intervention
Same here, can count a couple of occasions where for only good luck (or timing) and two occasions my older brother being nearby, pretty sure he saved my ***. Another was when I was helping my FIL build his house, laying roof boards. Height of the rear of the house was nearly 3-stories. A safety measure he wanted put up around the roof edges to catch stuff hammers, nails, from falling off the roof, also saved me from going over the edge. And yeah, have done squat winning the lottery, lol.

This could make for an interesting subject to post – occasions where you might have been killed.

Even though Michael Keaton had a long career afterwards, I found it difficult to take him seriously after seeing him for the first time in "Johnny Dangerously".

...and I still say "iceholes" and "farging bastages".
Keaton was hard to take in the 1989 Batman movie.

Damion Lewis will always be Richard Winters to me. Not typecasting, just the right actor for a role.
1699812756100.png

Adam West is Batman...
1699812851784.png

William Shatner is James T Kirk
1699812917838.png

Jack Lord is Steve McGarret
1699812992324.png

and Sean Connery is the only 007
1699813075750.png

And Robert Conrad was the only James West...
1699814883049.png

totally agree. Robert Conrad was great. And I'll bet Willy didn't do his own stunts.

I always thought "meh" when it came to one guy. Played the "surfer dude" complete with the "yeaah brah" drawl, even when cast as a cop or other LEO it was in his speech patterns and accent and attitude. Even when debating reality versus internet "reality" in The Matrix, he still had that speech pattern. Then everything changed when he played John Wick.

Seriously. Look at him in Bill And Ted. Point Break. Even his character in Speed had that surfer pattern. But Wick? Holy ****. And, he actually SHOOTS. Look up some of his 3-gun videos. Keanu is bad-*** with a firearm, and if you watch some of his range videos and then a scene or two in any of the Wick movies, you can see the training.

Tim Allen. Seems like a good guy. YUGE car guy. Friends with Leno. Great comedic timing, no problem making fun of himself...but he'll always be the tool man to me.

Chris Pine will always be a young James T Kirk to me, just like Bill Shatner will always be the original Kirk. Pine was passable in the Clancy movies...but I still saw Kirk.

Will Smith. After he attacked Chris Rock I haven't watched anything he has participated in including past filming's. Sure, he is a great actor, but I see him differently after his outburst.

Will Smith. After he attacked Chris Rock I haven't watched anything he has participated in including past filming's. Sure, he is a great actor, but I see him differently after his outburst.
100%

I haven't turned on a television in years... To many people who would be better served to do their little acting gig & shut their mouth...

If your "wife" is doing the "Lewinski" with your son's buddy & making it public knowledge find a way to deal with it that doesn't involve slapping a comedian who's presenting at the Oscars.... Maybe look into a divorce... Wait! Your still with her a year later??? WTF!!!

Oh well, I'm still waiting for a bunch of these A-holes to pack their **** & leave like the promised back in 2016....

Agree 100 %

If anyone has read the Jack Reach series of books and is following the new TV series, not only are they following the story lines dead nuts accurately but the guy (I don't keep track of names) playing "Reacher" fits the role to a T !!

totally agree. Robert Conrad was great. And I'll bet Willy didn't do his own stunts.
Yeah Conrad was a tough guy giving his stunt pals a lot of work along with him. In one episode he jumped off a 2nd floor mezzanine trying to grab a ceiling light fixture losing his grip. He fell backwards to the floor fracturing his skull. No floor padding. Show was suspended for some 6-weeks as he recovered. They kept the scene though and picked it up on his return to finish it.
Crazy long link, but hope it arrives.
Wild Wild West scene when Robert Conrad fractured his skull - Google Search

Buddy Ebsen will always be Jed Clampett, never Barnaby Jones.

George Robert Philips McFarland
October 2, 1928 – June 30, 1993

lol

Any actor that gets on a pulpit and takes a social stand on a matter that is in opposition to my core beliefs is HARD for me to look past.
yep , one of the biggest reasons i don’t watch much tv or movies, to many iceholes ….

Auto Transport Service
Back