• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Actors you could never look at the same again...

Kramer vs. Kramer spawned a very bad taste for Meryl Streep. I haven't watched her in a single movie since, and avoided probably a couple good ones simply because she was in it. Yuck.

Vincent D'Onofrino was in Adventures in BabySitting. The little girl had a Thor obsession and she thought the car mechanic was Thor.

He put on a bunch of weight for Full Metal Jacket and has been getting great roles as the heavy-balding guy ever since.

thor1.jpg
Thor2.jpg

Will Smith. :jackoff: I liked his character in the first couple of movies 'Men in Black'...but ever since these BLM actions and his pussy-whipping of Chris Rock's face with a limp-wristed slap on stage....that sealed my 'not interested in ever watching him again' mode.

It is hard to respect a man or woman that tolerates a cheating spouse.
Knowing that Smith’s wife Jada has been running around being poked like a pin cushion sort of tells me that either Will isn’t much of a man or makes incredibly poor choices in life.

Johnny Depp. Even though he was in a lot of movies before Pirates of the Caribbean, I see him now only as Jack Sparrow.

Most I could care less what they say or do...

there's a few that really sucks donkey ***, since like Jan 2009
Robert DeNiro, one if not the worst, I used to like his movies...
Will Smith, Sean Penn, George Clooney, Oprah, Rossie O'Donnell
Ben Affleck, Matt Daman, (albeit he was ok in Ford vs. Ferrari)
Amber Herd :carrot: , Johnny Depp :realcrazy: , OJ Simpson, :blah::blah::blah:
still all
douches
Also any & all the late-night so-called comedians/TV personalities,
all lacking any real personality, all sharing the same brain/dribble
or so-called comedy

Kevin Kostner after he endorsed Liz Chaney
or his fighting with Yellowstone producers/writers, fellow actors
I can't forget or forgive him, I can't look at that guy & not think
'what a
douchebag'
or watch his movies or shows anymore, without seeing/thinking that ****...
I couldn't support anyone that thinks she's OK,
or it's ok to bail on your fellow workers, you're somehow more special,
they that depend on you or their jobs way more than you do,
Oh the stupidity... Elitist BS

you can add most all the musicians/singers, Taylor Swift, Bruce Springsteen,
pretty much any cRappers
most on the MTV awards/grammies/Oscars
to that list,
indoctrinated losers that drank that same Koolaide/hypocrites
way too many to list
(I do still respect a few C&W artists)

shut up & act,
shut up & dribble/pass,

shut up & play/sing,
that's the **** we the people are paying for, some more blinded than others
we don't need to hear your politics or personal views
you aren't any more special than any other American,
your views aren't either
no matter how much you think you are special,
or your opinions mean something more,
because you're a rich elitist, hiding behind armed security or a walled-off property
they don't
& you're just another indoctrinated
LOSERS shouting from a bully pulpit...
Mostly promoting BS & spreading the agenda/corruption or outright lies...

:soapbox: that about covers that

Last edited:
It is hard to respect a man or woman that tolerates a cheating spouse.
Knowing that Smith’s wife Jada has been running around being poked like a pin cushion sort of tells me that either Will isn’t much of a man or makes incredibly poor choices in life.
He lost me before any of that.
Not that long ago, but longer then the latest award show etc. stuff, he decided to stop pursuing AAA movie roles and make a blog channel.
The entire point of his channel is he was tired of being in such a fast paced life, and wanted to reconnect with common folks, and wanted to slow things down.
Except he made his videos at exotic locations, doing stuff you need to be a millionaire to afford. It was the most hypocritical thing I have ever seen. he spent his entire life to that point passionately pursuing extreme fame and fortune, and decided he should preach about a quiet life to a bunch of poor people from on top of his ivory tower, the "strain of being rich and famous" was such a hard life.

The man is mentally broken IMO, he has been surrounded by rich people detached from reality, yes men, and has enough money to do whatever TF he wants at any time, but as far as i can tell he is lonely, and doesn;t know who to talk to, can't find someone to trust, or any real friends. Him and Jazzy Jeff used to hang out when they were younger, not sure if that even survived his spiral into self obsession and self pity in his ocean of fame and money. It might sound like I pity him, but I do not, he made every effort to push himself into the midst of this and he has earned his miserable life because he is too foolish to be a man and pursue happiness, rather alllowing his "wife" to do what has happened there and let everyone else tell him what to do like a lost puppy. All he needs is a spine, and he only grew one when someone else told him to for 2 minutes and it blew up in his face, because of course it would! Then we are supposed to feel bad for the super rich guy. Boo Hoo.

Kevin Spacey.
You know why.
Except that behavior is so wide spread in those circles that I can't watch more of them than I can watch at this point, if that makes sense.
'The Rock" has his own scum of the earth "secrets" and he started out like a fairly normal guy couple decades ago, as an example.
The few that speak out, and point out, the miserable scum garner some respect from me. They are a tiny minority. If you see someone get blacklisted and called out on the media one of two things has happened:
1. They are caught in the act doing what they all do, but to save face they are now a scape goat
2. They have called out the scum of the earth, and the rest of them retalliate and try to force them out. See: John Schnieder.

I know the spirit of this thread is not exactly what I have above, but it is very difficult to separate the two in recent years.
If I want to think about type cast....
Long list of comedians fit the bill. I am not even saying if I like them or not, but people like Jim Carey, Adam Sandler(and David Spade and any of the other 90's SNL people that tried to do movies) and the like really just can;t get away from comedy, no one takes them seriously for a drama and some of them tried.
There are some oddballs, like Pierce Brosnan, first I saw him was in a Bond film. Yeah, go see how he is in other films(all chick flicks lol) and try to watch Bond again.

Getting back to Earnest Borgnine watch him in the movie he won a deserved oscar "Marty", or Bad Day at Black Rock with Robert Ryan and Spencer Tracy. When Spencer Tracy who's been crippled in Italy has to fight Earnest, it Earest that was in the Navy in WW2 that comes up with the judo moves. He takes nothing for himself but to better the movie. Watch it.

Johnny Depp. Even though he was in a lot of movies before Pirates of the Caribbean, I see him now only as Jack Sparrow.

I still see him as the teenage kid that was in Nightmare on Elm St. Didn't end well for him in that movie...

1695900328742.png

Being that most of the morally corrupt have been mentioned already, I would like to give a shout out to a guy who is legit.
Mr. Chuck Norris

1695901852640.png

Yeah, read a lot about it too. Don’t remember anything about it when he was still alive; I was 23 when he died. Didn’t spend much time on news back then. His draft status did change during WWII and Hollywood moguls convinced the gov his war movies were great marketing to keep the guys coming of draft age going to war. Worked? I’d suppose it did while he got to play-act.

My dad was 24 when WWII broke, he was given a deferral cuz he was a T&D maker at a can plant, just the kind of skill to make ammo dies, talked into staying a civilian, reassigned to a munitions plant for the duration. He was drafted almost immediately when the war ended though. By the time he got home from his train ride back, was a quick homecoming, with a Western Union delivery notice before he finished unpacking his luggage. Went to Japan as part of the occupied-forces.
That’s interesting, I was a tool and die maker in a can plant for awhile.
I had heard that t&d makers received deferments during the Vietnam War, but don’t know if it’s true.

Looking to these people for wisdom or inspiration is a mistake. By definition actors need an empty head to do the job well.

Musicians? Music with lyrics is dangerous to emotional stability.

Who can we look to? Politicians seem completely corrupt.
Religious leaders? They consistently prove they can’t be trusted.

Historical figures that have proven qualities are a better example.

I looked at the question from a different perspective. The one actor I could never see in a different role is Richard Thomas. After playing John Boy on the Waltons I can’t see him in another role. If it was a war movie or in outer space it was still John Boy Walton.

johnboy.jpg

redbadge.jpg

battle beyond the stars.jpg

Here's a fella I can never see as a bad guy...

Anyone know of him ever playing a bad guy or villain on film?

1696012086901.png

This is precisely the perspective I was referring to in the original post :thumbsup:
I get that.
It is a great topic, discussing actors that left us with an impression that made it hard to shake.
Unfortunately, many actors have done or said things offscreen that tarnished their image to the point where seeing their faces brings back memories of stupid or offensive things that they did some time ago.
I can't bear to watch anything new from Robert DeNiro. Same for Alec Baldwin. If I catch something of theirs from long ago before they made complete asses of themselves, I can somehow separate the two thoughts enough to enjoy the movie.
I would guess for actors that see their work as a "craft", they might like taking roles out of their comfort zone.
Michael Keaton was a comedy actor but also did some great dramatic roles.
Robin Williams was a comic but my favorite stuff of his was drama. He was great in "Good Will Hunting" and creepy in "One hour photo".

I get that.
It is a great topic, discussing actors that left us with an impression that made it hard to shake.
Unfortunately, many actors have done or said things offscreen that tarnished their image to the point where seeing their faces brings back memories of stupid or offensive things that they did some time ago.
I can't bear to watch anything new from Robert DeNiro. Same for Alec Baldwin. If I catch something of theirs from long ago before they made complete asses of themselves, I can somehow separate the two thoughts enough to enjoy the movie.
Thanks Kern. I'd say you're in good company with that sentiment. Myself included.
I believe most, if not all, folks who've chimed in so far share the same general perspective on the topic.
I said it earlier in this thread and I'll say it again; it can and often will ruin it if I know too much about a particular stance an actor takes that is contrary to what I believe. It's difficult, if not down right impossible, to separate this IMO.

I would guess for actors that see their work as a "craft", they might like taking roles out of their comfort zone.
Michael Keaton was a comedy actor but also did some great dramatic roles.
Robin Williams was a comic but my favorite stuff of his was drama. He was great in "Good Will Hunting" and creepy in "One hour photo".
^^^^^This is a very good point and illustration.^^^^^

I looked at the question from a different perspective. The one actor I could never see in a different role is Richard Thomas. After playing John Boy on the Waltons I can’t see him in another role. If it was a war movie or in outer space it was still John Boy Walton.

View attachment 1532201

View attachment 1532202

View attachment 1532204
Richard is a great actor. I grew up watching The Waltons. I recently saw All Quiet on the Western Front with Richard. While I still think of John Boy, he did a great job. Now the one role that was a hit-miss was when he did Hank Williams Jr. I liked the movie fin, until the end when he came out on a stage with the beard and long hair after Jrs climbing accedent.

Paul Walker was also an accomplished actor but now I expect him to jump in a ricer every time I see him on film. RIP ...
Yes, it is such a tragedy, all based on the wrong place at the wrong time that even if repeated, could have a better outcome. James Dean was another, who knows what Walker’s or his future might have been.

If we leave a few minutes early or later, could be all the difference with living or dying. Allow me to share a story. Stood up in a HS buddy’s wedding eons ago. His kid brother and I, in our tuxedo’s before trekking to the church, challenged each other on a high-bar in his parent’s backyard he used to use for gymnastics practice. We were both in gymnastics in HS, he was a couple years younger. Lol, we took off our coats and began the high-bar antics until his dad came out telling us we were nuts. He said great, kill yourselves right before Alan’s wedding ceremony.

Sadly, it wasn’t even a month later, Al’s kid brother was killed in a car wreck going to work in his ’64 Chevelle vert. I knew the intersection well as I crossed it countless times too, going to work. The morning sun could be totally blinding cresting the hill. It was assumed the sun blocked his vision or just momentarily blinded, not seeing the red light. Was awful, he was tossed out over the top of the windshield, even though the top ‘was up’ when crashing. Was shocked his folks wanted an open casket. Was a handsome guy, engaged to be married the next summer. Standing at his casket, shaking my head, Good Lord, was so obvious how they tried to put his face back together, well, should a been closed. While I was there, his dad came up next to me – recalling his lecture to us saying “And there I was worried you two were going to kill yourselves on the high-bar.” Being a father, no way I can imagine the pain a parent has losing has their kid, sadly I’ve attended too many wakes when this was the case.

Auto Transport Service
Back