• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Actually got to cruise the chargers

dieseldazzle

Local time
12:36 AM
Reaction score
Been a long time coming. When I'm not at my shop (every other weekend or maybe even consecutive 3 day weekends) or in my home garage (where I build my engines, sorry I should say ASSEMBLE them, I'm not a builder nor a machinist) then I am either at the gym or at my job (air traffic).
That being said for a 41 year old man, with a 10 year old son and a 34 year old wife I stay busy.

Most of my time I get to work on my cars and other people's.

But this weekend my cousin (we have the shop together) and I, cruised the 68 charger rt clone up to granite bay ( nice area) to look at that resto mod/ sema?? 68/69 gtx roadrunner satellite convertible project we seen on Craig's. Met a pretty cool dude with a couple Mopars at some good food and got to cruise the chargers! Took the 68 up there with the ac blowing cold when it was hot outside, windows down as it cooled off to enjoy the weather, got the car to cruise at 80mph (new 2.94 gears) puppy dog 440 in it. Just a well sorted cruiser we built.

Then came home put new front brake lines on the new ride we just bought off of our gauge guy. Then cruised it!

Moral of the story? Hard work pays off and they do get used!

Now it's time to get the v code care going and my sentimental 66!

DD out!!

IMG_2610.JPG IMG_2611.JPG IMG_2612.JPG IMG_2614.JPG IMG_2617.JPG IMG_2628.JPG View attachment 519724 IMG_2638.JPG View attachment 519726 IMG_2643.JPG IMG_2634.JPG

Last edited:
Who cares what anyone else thinks, I APPROVE of the larger diameter wheels.
That is a nice looking set of cars.

The 17 inch magnum replicas on both cars make them ride and handle so much better and the tires are actually the same price as 15 inch tires.

The 67 charger is new to us and I'll lower the rear end but time is something I have little of lately.

YOU HAVE MY LICENSE PLATE!

haha I tried to apply for that exact plate and was denied! Looks good on your Charger though.

The 17 inch magnum replicas on both cars make them ride and handle so much better and the tires are actually the same price as 15 inch tires.

The 67 charger is new to us and I'll lower the rear end but time is something I have little of lately.
I have heard some reluctantly admit that 17" diameter is their cutoff point, in other words, they feel that 18" and larger start ;looking cartoonish.
I didn't care. In 2003 when I got my wheels, I wanted to fill the wheelwells with tire and wheel. I wanted somewhat of a NASCAR look with shorter sidewalls. 15" wheels look great on these cars but a 60 series tire squirms around too much for great handling. The tire compounds in 15" sizes is not good either.

Beautiful rides my friend....!

Looked like you guys had a wonderful time....

Very cool bud any pictures of diesel during this cruise I'm going to assume he was with you. Looks like fun man hope all is going good for you.

Awesome Rides man and love the wheels !!
Glad ya got to go play ! We all know how busy life is with work wife and lil ones running around !!
43-34-1 1/2

Only one job and work in the shop??

Where did i go wrong???:BangHead:

Also running 75-85 with mild mild 440 and ac on with a 2.94 gear and 17 inch rims with 40 series tires we pulled 5.8 mpg as verified on gps

Very cool bud any pictures of diesel during this cruise I'm going to assume he was with you. Looks like fun man hope all is going good for you.

Diesel was at his cousins house Sunday. This was after work at the shop.

Ok my head hurts....awesome cars!

I'm not a big fan of the rims on my Charger I know it's #'s car and I'm new to the mopar world but what are other rim choices for 70 or wider in the back maybe or would mine be the only ones also mine has 4:10's what would be a better gear ratio she winds out quick

I'm not a big fan of the rims on my Charger I know it's #'s car and I'm new to the mopar world but what are other rim choices for 70 or wider in the back maybe or would mine be the only ones also mine has 4:10's what would be a better gear ratio she winds out quick

Trade you this gold car straight across as your rt sits right now lol

Haha don't get me wrong I love my car just some things I'd like change or upgrade .. I prolly won't touch it just like to know what options I have ..

Auto Transport Service
Back