• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

adding a mild roller cam

moparjohnny

Local time
1:36 AM
Reaction score
do i need to add a bronze gear for distributor for roller cam and a cam button?the kit i might buy is a retrofit kit from howards cam with 110 lsa hydraulic.

bronze gear and setting up the end play on the camshaft with a button are a must with a roller.

Cam button yes. Nitride distributor gear from comp cams used for the past 2 years.
no wear on cam or dist. gear. just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
When you install a roller cam and cam button, you have to put a spacer between the water pump housing and the timing cover. This keeps the timing cover from flexing forward. So what holds this spacer in place? JB Weld on the water pump? Or brazed to the timing chain cover? I'm thinking about installing a roller cam in my 440. Just learning about all this.

I started welding plate on my covers to stiffen them up. It does not contact the water pump housing.

IMG_0106.JPG

I like the idea of welding a metal plate to the timing chain cover. Thanks!

Auto Transport Service
Back