• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adjustable pushrods - reliable?

Logan Horsman

Local time
1:42 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys I am looking at doing some changes that will require me to change my pushrods and was wondering if anyone had experience with adjustable pushrods?

I am limited on garage time, so trying to have all my parts here so I can do the project start to finish and figured the adjustable pushrods would save me 2-3 weeks by the time I measure, order and have a custom length set sent up here to Canada.

If it matters, this is a 77 440

Looking for pros and cons. Thanks!

I use them on one of my cars without any issue. I don't use heavy valve springs or big cams with them. they'll work if you don't try to step outside of their design parameters.

Not a fan, I’d recommend figuring out what you need a giving Trend a call.

High lift cam and heavy springs. Plan on learning how to set them as you will know the sequence by memory in short order.

a) they're heavy and b) they're fairly expensive. Better to buy one or two "checker" pushrods then order the correct length. For a driver Comp have a very good size selection of off-the-shelf pushrods.

Many places to buy good pushrods with different wall thickness,length and end types.All of this don't mean **** if the right measurement is not taken to begin with!

7.10.17 011.jpg 7.10.17 012.jpg 2.13.17 003.jpg 2.13.17 004.jpg 2.13.17 006.jpg 7.8.17 008.jpg 7.10.17 004.jpg 7.10.17 011.jpg 7.10.17 012.jpg

I bought a new set if intake valves with hardened tips to obtain the proper geometry WITHOUT a lash cap.

Auto Transport Service
Back