• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Re-using Pushrods

ksurfer2

Local time
10:05 AM
Reaction score
Is it acceptable? Changing from a solid flat tappet cam to a solid roller cam. Not changing rocker arms. I used an adjustable pushrod checker to verify length and there would be no change in length for the new pushrods. Is it ok to reuse the ones I have. This is a low mile engine predominantly used at the strip.

The hydraulic pushrods will probably be the wrong length and the ends may be different as well.

As long as the tubing the existing pushrods are made from is up to the task of the higher spring force and acceleration rates that typically go with a solid roller upgrade...... you’re good.

I generally use a minimum of 3/8” diameter, .080” wall, heat treated tubing for a BB roller application.
I would use the same type of pushrod in most BB race SFT applications as well.

Last edited:
I switched from several solid flat tappet cams to several solid rollers and back numerous times. As long as the length looks good. Be sure you do have real good pushrods.

Roll them on a piece of window glass to make sure they are not bent

Auto Transport Service
Back