• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice for New Wiring Harness ?????

OldRunner

Local time
12:05 AM
Reaction score
I have a 68 Coronet R/T Convertible, Rally Dash...... what are my options for a new dash harness, is there an after market OEM style or do you buy a Painless kit ? Thanks for any advice . I am not sure I want to buy an original harness that is 40 years old ??

I think the M&H harness that Year One sells is one of the best out there. Wait for one of their sales to help on the cost.

I agree, the re-pop catalog places all sell good electrical harnesses if you are staying with all original engine components and accessories. If you going to add a lot of accessories or changing/upgrading engine components, ect....might want to think about getting a Painless system (or something like it...there are others) and doing it your self but if you have never done automotive electrical work I would think long and hard, do a lot of investigative work before going that route. The hardest part is getting all the connectors on the new harness to connect to what is left of the original components on the car, lights, accessories, etc......There is also the question of what special tools (if any) you will need to attach all the different types of connectors, etc.....
If your going to go with a re-pop harness search around......some places charge more then others and get their harnesses from the same supplier....

Year one harness is just way over priced. A dolphin at 179.00 is very high quality, the painless is not painless it requires modifications. I would do your own modified Dolphin with out the bulkhead connector.

Ron Francis has a lot of cool options for your wiring like magnetic fuse box's, just reach down and pull it out to check fuses. There are also several other cool options making adding electric fuel pumps, power seats, electric fans etc a snap.

Looking at Year One, they only show one style for a 68 B-Body Dash , are the Standard and Rally dash harness the same, I thought they would be different ?

Can anyone confirm if they are the same, just want to be a 100 % sure. Thanks

I think the only difference is if you have an oil light or gauge.

Thanks . I ordered a new harness from Year One, hope it works with the convertible option.

I bought ALL M&H harnesses for the 69RR I'm redoing.....Front to back I have not had ONE complaint about any of them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back