• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advise on Lower Dash Removal 69 RoadRunner

70RR

Local time
10:56 AM
Reaction score
Is there a special trick for removing the Lower Dash Pad from a 69 RR...
I removed all my A/C hoses but, damn is it tight or what? Does starting from either direction help? Looking at my new Dash pad I had no idea they had that many nuts holding this on..Any tips that would help me from losing my mind and all the skin off my knuckles would be greatly appreciated...Thank You in Advance..Rick ...:eusa_think:

Rick....sorry to say there really is no flow to the madness occured while trying to take that out. Uni-Wiggle, extensions and your ratchet will have to be your weapon of choice. Prepare for a head rush!

If it's similar to a '68, there are also two screws that come in from the front side, behind the switch panel.

Geez,Thanks

:eusa_think:
I wanted to take a nap after just looking at my the replacment Dash with 10 studs and the 4 mounting brackets ....Rick
:sleepy1:
Take the seat out, it only takes 5 or 10 minutes. Then when you get tired you can take a nap.

the lower dash is a piece of cake compared to the upper.....seat can stay in...just need deepwell,knuckle and ratchet

I personally found that one I had the gauge cluster, ash tray and switch panel out it wasn't so bad (a lot of scraps and cuts on my arms though).

Dash

Scott, I still have not even started on my Dash I know I going to go crazy with fustration...I would like to see how you did it..Let me know I would like to stop over and see how you did it... ..
Thanks Rick

it ..OTE=GearAddict;909758429]I personally found that one I had the gauge cluster, ash tray and switch panel out it wasn't so bad (a lot of scraps and cuts on my arms though).[/QUOTE]

It also makes is easier if you loosen and lower the steering column.

removing the lower dashpads, The steering column wasn't in the way

Scott, I still have not even started on my Dash I know I going to go crazy with fustration...I would like to see how you did it..Let me know I would like to stop over and see how you did it... ..
Thanks Rick

it ..OTE=GearAddict;909758429]I personally found that one I had the gauge cluster, ash tray and switch panel out it wasn't so bad (a lot of scraps and cuts on my arms though).
[/QUOTE]

I sent you a pm Rick, I'm around this weekend. I'd also be happy to come over and give you a hand with yours.

Auto Transport Service
Back