• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aftermarket dampers

MO.RR

Local time
3:44 AM
Reaction score
Are there any good external balance dampers out there? I’ve seen a few that are internal with removable weights but I really haven’t seen any reviews of any of them. Scat, cvf, and 440source are a few I’ve found.

I recommend either a ATI Super damper or Fluid damper especially if you have a high performance build. Mild or stock engines it's fine to use an elastomer type damper. I've used CAT fluid dampers, there lower cost than some of the big names. 440'

It’s a very mild build. I may have ruined the stocker so I’m trying to get a few opinions on anyone that’s used the elastomer type in case I need to buy a new one.

I see you said externally balanced damper. That will limit you to an elastomer type damper. Fluid dampers cannot be of external balanced design due to the silicone fluid and floating inertia ring. 440'

I look for an sfi spec. It's not neccessary for a mild build, but it is a measure of quality.

I dont know if that particular part is good, but scat has a very good reputation for their cranks, and stroker kits, i would assume they know something about dampers. I'd run it, if i didn't need the sfi spec.(i do)

Looks like a decent damper, as stated above, Scat has a great quality reputation! 440'

Auto Transport Service
Back