• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aftermarket gauge options/placement ?

rirealtor

Local time
12:35 AM
Reaction score
Would like to add something a little more accurate than factory. What brand do you like best and is there an alternative to the 3 gauge pod hanging from dash?
Wish the glove box was closer as I’d hide them in there.

It didn’t hide them but I cast a fiberglass housing and mounted it under the dash after contouring it to the dash surface and painting it interior dash color. Just another approach. Bad picture is all I have at the moment but it’s somewhat visible.

57AB34C4-A018-48F8-AA8E-D980812DB04E.jpeg

AR- that’s quite nice and looks original! Great idea. My challenge is I don’t have a console; so unsure if I add one or fabricate something that blends a little better

I’ve been thinking about using an extra A pillar molding and adding a universal gauge pod to it.

It might only work with electrical sender gages but you might be able to modify a metal gage cluster or fabricate one with a piano hinge to fold back and up under the dash bottom edge to hide it from normal view, but to swing backdown for viewing. I don’t recall how much room there is before encountering the heater box.

Auto Transport Service
Back