• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aftermarket Gauges

69SKCharger

Local time
10:46 PM
Reaction score
I'm installing a 3-gauge set with mechanical oil pressure and water temp on a '69 Charger. Curious where everyone is running the lines. Quickly peeking under the hood, i don't see a good spot, so before spending a bunch of time exploring, i'm wondering what others have done? I'm not opposed to drilling a new hole, if that's necessary.

I think I drilled a hole on the passengers side as high as I could under the glove box and ran all three line through it.

P.S.
Be sure to use a copper line (not plastic) for the oil pressure.

I think I drilled a hole on the passengers side as high as I could under the glove box and ran all three line through it.

P.S.
Be sure to use a copper line (not plastic) for the oil pressure.
Or braided if you wanna go crazy with it. :)
WP_20160728_004.jpg

I heartily agree with Ed! Plasic is risky, and not legal at the drags, i dont care for copper, because it work hardens and cracks, if it moves when the engine moves.
I use a -3 braided line that i got from an aircraft surplus store, didnt cost much. Peace of mind, and drag strip legality was worth it, to me.

Auto Transport Service
Back