• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aftermarket Intake That Will Work With N96 Ramcharger Hood

ok thanks
My pleasure.
What would be a major concern would be the unknown cam or torque converter. Rear gears are simple to find out.
If you didn't build the engine or have no idea what the torque converter specs are...that'll be a problem.
Having an intake that works in conjunction with your cam and torque converter specs as well as your gear ratio is absolutely critical.

I wonder why he even bothers with a hood lol

67 barracuda.jpg

Unless you want the look of an aluminum intake, I wouldn't bother with a change. Nothing significant to be gained, by just the intake change.

I went through this on my '70 N96 car & I tried a 1/2 dozen intakes & carb spacers, etc. What I found is that is about 1/2"-1" of clearance that you can work with at most. In order to run a 1" nitrous plate the only intake I could find to fit was a stock one. With my six-pack & 1" nitrous plates the lid of the air cleaner hits the fiberglass box, but the hood closes. I had to notch the scoop so it would close. Bottom line....I've found you have to use stock intakes with N96 (or something super low like a stock intake I suppose).

Sorry to get side-tracked... but I used to have a stock, cast-iron dual quad 383 intake which I'm sure would clear the N96 hood. I always wondered if the carb spacing was the same as a Hemi. It the Hemi air cleaner would fit, that would make one sweet low-block N96 setup in my opinion.

Saw a 69' today with N96 Ramcharger on it. Had a 400 block, Indy heads, M1 single plane intake and factory air cleaner...and it worked fine. Rubber around air cleaner rubbed a lil but it was fine.

Auto Transport Service
Back