• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air Conditioning & Dynamat

On my doors I used a foil covered bubble wrap glued to the inside of the door skin and also to replace the vapor seal between the door frame and interior panel. It can be found at a home depot or Lowes....

Anyone with knowledge on this subject greatly appreciated. I want to retrofit my 67 coronet with modern rotary compressor, condenser, switch, drier and evaporator into the orignal air box. Also use a version of Dynamat without paying the high price for Dyna mat. I looked at Bouchillion perfoprmance for compressor, brackets and various parts. Any recommendations?

NOTE:
BPE AC Kit on a 1970 Superbee with Hemi

Hi snakeoil24
I put the BPE (bouchillion) on my 1970 Hemi.
No issues what so ever.
Plus, I mounted My Sanden compressor (supplied w/ kit) on the top, in front of the drivers side head BUT there is a hidden compressor MOD that places it below the Passengers head near fuel pump.
PIC of mine:

Attachments

• P1010043.jpg
    P1010043.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 161
Inside door skin versus under door panel...

Just a question for those who have this on the doors. How do you access the inside of the doors? Do you just have to cuta hole and repair with some left over?

I had intended to put the material inside of the door skin originally. Then when I bought the Dynamat Door Kit, I saw that the instructions actually recommend mounting the material on the inner door skin - as I did. The cost of doing that is preventing access to the inside of the door. To overcome this I reworked a lot of the inner door workings as best I could in advance. I then figured that I could always cut away the access holes as needed in the future and replace w new Dynamat patches. It would cost some money, but I don't expect to be inside the door panels TOO often.

The benefit is that the material isolates you from the sounds INSIDE of the door. To me, it's the rattling of the door workings that was most annoying, and boy is it gone now. Six of one, half dozen of the other I figure. Only time will tell...

Greg

I had intended to put the material inside of the door skin originally. Then when I bought the Dynamat Door Kit, I saw that the instructions actually recommend mounting the material on the inner door skin - as I did. The cost of doing that is preventing access to the inside of the door. To overcome this I reworked a lot of the inner door workings as best I could in advance. I then figured that I could always cut away the access holes as needed in the future and replace w new Dynamat patches. It would cost some money, but I don't expect to be inside the door panels TOO often.The benefit is that the material isolates you from the sounds INSIDE of the door. To me, it's the rattling of the door workings that was most annoying, and boy is it gone now. Six of one, half dozen of the other I figure. Only time will tell...Greg
Does it make sense to mount it to the backside of the interior door panels, so it removes when you remove them?

Does it make sense to mount it to the backside of the interior door panels, so it removes when you remove them?
How often do you intend to remove your door panels....?
The purpose of the "vapor shield" is keep moisture off the inner door panel, more then as a sound deadner. If inner door mechanisms are noisy or rattle..... fix them first.

Thanks for the feedback. I wasn't knockin how you did it....just lookin for clarification. Thanks. When I do mine, I will likely do it the same way, as for one, it is much easier and two as you point out, it works better. Thanks for the input.

I had intended to put the material inside of the door skin originally. Then when I bought the Dynamat Door Kit, I saw that the instructions actually recommend mounting the material on the inner door skin - as I did. The cost of doing that is preventing access to the inside of the door. To overcome this I reworked a lot of the inner door workings as best I could in advance. I then figured that I could always cut away the access holes as needed in the future and replace w new Dynamat patches. It would cost some money, but I don't expect to be inside the door panels TOO often.

The benefit is that the material isolates you from the sounds INSIDE of the door. To me, it's the rattling of the door workings that was most annoying, and boy is it gone now. Six of one, half dozen of the other I figure. Only time will tell...

Greg

raam mat is what I used got it real cheap

Auto Transport Service
Back