• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air grabber air cleaner ***.

69 GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:51 PM
Reaction score
Air grabber air cleaner base.

Is there any differance between the 440 & the 383 airgrabber air cleaners (the base?), how can I tell? thanks

Last edited:
I gotta say.......The title of this thread is pretty funny. "Air grabber air cleaner ***."

I believe there is a difference..possibly a drop in the base? Someone should pipe in.

Air cleaner *** bwaaaahaaaaa. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually need one of them from time to time.

Yes, the 383 base has a taller neck than the 440 base. This is to maintain the same overall air cleaner height due to different deck heights of the 383 and 440. Not sure about the *** though.

Yes, the 383 base has a taller neck than the 440 base. This is to maintain the same overall air cleaner height due to different deck heights of the 383 and 440. Not sure about the *** though.

I do believe the 440 *** has to maintain a little more roundness than the 383 ***. Haha

Yes there is a height difference to make up for lo deck and hi deck.
Place base on a flat surface, if the carb opening isn't pushing the whole assembly up off the flat surface you have a 440 base.
Place base on a flat surface if the carb opening is touching the flat surface first and holding the rest of the assembly up you have a 383 base.
Ron

Glad I could brighten everyones day with my fat finger typing! I should proof read more. *** you were gentlemen :bootyshake:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and thanks for the info!

Is there any differance between the 440 & the 383 airgrabber air cleaners (the base?), how can I tell? thanks
Your not the first person to *** this question. Lol. I have a low deck block with a 440 base. 69 RR. With a 1" spacer it wont allow the hood to close, but without the spacer is closes fine. With anything other than stock intake and filter base, tou have to play with manifold/carb spacer/filter base combinations to get the height right. It can be a real pain in the ***. He he.

Gentlemen ..., gentlemen, the A12 cars were made to "Haul ***", not clean it. While there were in fact many "Clocks Cleaned" and "Doors Blown Off" through the years, any "*** Maintenance" (cleaning, kissing, Sucking, ect...) was always, always performed by the Blue Oval and Bowtie boys. :headbang:

It's been bothering my *** as to why I typed that, then it dawned on me. I meant to type assm. I have had a few *** puckers due to WOT below the air cleaner:icon_geek:

Auto Transport Service
Back