• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazon pop up window possible virus

BAFRAID

She’s looking like a Super Bee again!!
Local time
10:03 PM
Reaction score
Every time I open up the website now I get a pop up window from Amazon talking about some sort of contest to play. the only option is to read and play. I keep shutting the window. every time I open up the site again that window pops up. Any idea what this might be?

Whatever it is (spyware, virus, pup, etc.) it is a major nuisance and likely not good for your health. You need to install and run quality software to rid yourself of this, clean up, and protect going forward.

There are hundreds of choices for you, most are free, and most work very well.

First is the free Malwarebytes AdwCleaner. Then, if on Chrome, use the free uBlock.

Check out the long lists of security tools at Cnet and FileHippo for pop-up and ad blockers.

Don't click "close" or the "X" on those. Try the back button to get out of that screen. Might have to do it several times. Or close out Explorer or whatever you are useing. Then go to your "History" and clear it, "cookies" and "browsing data" also. Update or install what member 68X426 stated.

Good luck

Auto Transport Service
Back