• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMC Scramblers and other AMC products

616702-1000-0@2x.jpg

But, there is another AMC that is pretty RARE, only 100 made
What is it?

How about:

They had GREAT Engineers, design team
The Avanti/ Studebaker team merged with Rambler soon to be AMC
Not quite, but close. Nash/Kelvinator merged with Hudson to form AMC. George Mason (Nash's president) wanted Studebaker to join them, but they declined. Studebaker merged with Packard, failed and went bankrupt in the middle 60's.

Meanwhile, in a bid to have the first 'musclecar', how about the rather plain looking 1957 Rambler Rebel? With a 327 inch engine years before Chevy had one....believe it or not, this was the quickest sedan you could buy that year with a 7 second 0-60 time. The only way to beat it was with a Corvette.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
57rebel2.jpg
[/FONT]

Last edited:
158-

Is that a 63?

Sure looks like a 66 chevelle from that angle.

Wow, another AMC did it first!

1970 AMC Trans AMsToday, Friday 06 July 2018
Spoke with Dan Curtiss from AZ AMC
Really cool guy, ran G.O.P Vice President a few years ago
Rock Solid guy who knows AMCs
His shop currently has 4 SC/Ramblers in for Resto
He told me that the Comp Cams "stuff" Geometry is NOT appropriate for AMCs 390
So, today, Friday 06 July ALL $1,5454.00 stuff went back to Summit Racing
We are going CRANE
They specialize in AMC stuff
So, Im doing a ROAD-TRIP to Phoenix AXZ in a WEEK
(I'll see family in Scottsdale also)
Getting a chance to meet Dan Curtis!
He owns 2 of these, only made 100 of them:
1970 AMC Trans AMs

My project today:
WZUVsP7bQDquXp%YkOqOmA.jpg

FjgNcvPAQTaSF5PiWtP7zA.jpg

Py3h3dPpTbSWd5560nstzw.jpg

Last edited:
My first car was a 69 SC/Rambler. Bought it off a used car lot in the fall of 70. Gas crisis was the reason why it was there I guess. Paid $1800 for it. My dad gave me a load but I paid him back. The summer before my senior year the motor received some updates. Cam, Torquer manifold, Holley 850, Mallory duel point and 4.11s or 4.10s, cant remember. Bought a pair of slicks from
Mongomery Wards. Flat towed to Hayward several times and raced. That think flat out got it. Surprised a couple of LS6s. Seems the best time I ever got was a 12.99 and some change.

My first car was a 69 SC/Rambler. Bought it off a used car lot in the fall of 70. Gas crisis was the reason why it was there I guess. Paid $1800 for it. My dad gave me a load but I paid him back. The summer before my senior year the motor received some updates. Cam, Torquer manifold, Holley 850, Mallory duel point and 4.11s or 4.10s, cant remember. Bought a pair of slicks from
Mongomery Wards. Flat towed to Hayward several times and raced. That think flat out got it. Surprised a couple of LS6s. Seems the best time I ever got was a 12.99 and some change.
cool story, 12.99 was gitten' r dun' back then too
to Hayward :p, street race maybe

You mean Fremont Raceway ? or later it was called Baylands Raceway ?

man I miss that place, one of the best tracks in the west
if not the best/fastest, sea level/great air

cool story, 12.99 was gitten' r dun' back then too
to Hayward :p, street race maybe

You mean Fremont Raceway ? or later it was called Baylands Raceway ?

man I miss that place, one of the best tracks in the west
if not the best/fastest, sea level/great air

Yes, Fremont. Bunch of us use to flat tow from Vallejo. Started real early in the morning driving down the Bayshore Freeway. Always made the Ritual stop at Vic Hubberds. They always had some cool cars in front of their place.

That all changed when they opened SearsPoint.

Yeah, that little car was crazy fast. I liken it todriving a bigblock Dart. One think that surprises me now is that I was running slicks with those tapered axles. Young and dumb

Yes, Fremont. Bunch of us use to flat tow from Vallejo. Started real early in the morning driving down the Bayshore Freeway. Always made the Ritual stop at Vic Hubberds. They always had some cool cars in front of their place.

That all changed when they opened SearsPoint.

Yeah, that little car was crazy fast. I liken it todriving a bigblock Dart. One think that surprises me now is that I was running slicks with those tapered axles. Young and dumb
were you around when
Vacaville Vacavalley Raceway or race park (?)
1/8th mile drags & road course

my step dad raced there, I never did I was still to young

Yep I was sponsored by ol' Vic Hubbard's Speed
for fuel (methanol) plugs, oils/fluids
my office at one time was on Main st. Hayward

were you around when
Vacaville Vacavalley Raceway or race park (?)
1/8th mile drags & road course

my step dad raced there, I never did I was still to young

Yep I was sponsored by ol' Vic Hubbard's Speed
for fuel (methanol) plugs, oils/fluids
my office at one time was on Main st. Hayward

Oh yeah, I remember Vacaville well. Had a girlfriend that lived there. Didn't hang there that much, was a tough little town. A lot of outlaw bikers like Hells Angels made it their turf. There and Benicia. We did Fremont for a couple of years. Use to run with a guy that ran MP with a 67 Nova. I think the drags in Vacaville closed in the late 60s, early 70s. I think It use to be up around where the 580 runs.

Auto Transport Service
Back