• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMD Full floor pan 1965 Coronet

prostockstan

Local time
10:39 AM
Reaction score
My friend and I have been working on the installation of an AMD floor pan in a 1965 Coronet 2dr Post car. We were told that we would have to cut out the post to get the pan in the car or cut the pan in half down the middle through the center hump. News flash, we measured the pan and the door openings measuring diagonal from top of door window to lower front opening of door. Our measurements showed that the full floor pan would fit with a few inches to spare. You must first remove the doors and install padding around the door openings so as not to scratch the paint. Two people work together holding the pan diagonal with front hump down and towards the front. The rear of pan will go in at top corner of door window. The pan goes right in with no bending or twisting at all. We talked to the AMD installer and he said it absolutely does not fit. This info was dead wrong. The pan goes in a 2dr. Post car with ease, just follow these simple instructions. We had the pan in and out about 20 times before ready for finish welding.

Stan Sawyer

You are right,it does fit.I'm doing the same thing in a 64 dodge post.And the doors are still on.I still have the dash and steering wheel in it.It's easier from the pass.side with the wheel still in.

Same here. Put a nice clean used full pan in a 67 Belvedere sedan with the doors still on by myself.

my 66 floor and footwells

Attachments

• IMG_1484.jpg
    IMG_1484.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 179
We did not try to install this floor pan with the doors on the car. Knowing that we would have the pan in and out many times before finish welding, we decided it best to remove the doors first. Back of pan up, front of pan down, goes right in. I will try to post pictures next week. Who wants to cut a new pan in half when it costs around $700.00 and then looks like crap. I can not say enough about the quality of the AMD full pan. it fits extremely well. We did not have to trim a single piece off the pan for installation. Don't hesitate to buy this pan, it fits perfectly!

Auto Transport Service
Back