• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amd metal

MNBiker

Local time
2:21 PM
Reaction score
So I'm ready to order sheet metal for my 68 runner. I've read on here of a good place to go for the best pricing. Can't seem to find it now. Anyone help me? Thanks!

I order all my body metal from Autobody Specialties
128 Meriden Road
Middlefield, Connecticut 06455
United States
1-888-277-1960
Very good prices and shipping
It's was also for a 68 RR

Jeff @ 521 Restorations

I got all mine from Roseville Moparts in Michigan. I've heard a lot of good reviews of 521 restorations that 5wndwcpe mentioned too. Guess it depends on where you are and who the closer contact is for lower shipping charges (to a point anyway).

I believe Classic Muscle Metal is somehow affiliated with AMD and their installer. Anyway, I've dealt with Stacey and Bill and have gotten some great discounts and a break on shipping. 844-275-9254.
Tim

I checked 521 Restorations a few weeks ago, price for floor was $649.99 plus $200 truck freight, Summit was $584.99 plus $99 truck freight.

521 Restorations is now at the Summit price, shipping the same.
Summit is now discounting orders over $500 by $51, shipping the same.

Just shop around for price + shipping. I had good luck with both classic muscle metal and tamrazs when I was putting new panels on my 69

AMD usually has an "End of Year" "Holiday Sale". It's usually FREE Shipping, over a certain amount. That was good enough for me, to have it dropped off at my home, with no hassles. Keep your eyes open for that. Also was before Internet Taxes...

Try JEGS or Summit for AMD metal, free shipping on even the bigger suff, full quarters, floor pans, etc.
You can get good deals from Classic Industries if you watch when they post their discounts.
I buy from Jeff at 521 as well and I have never, ever paid shipping. I just drive the 15 minutes across town and pick it up, even on Sundays :thumbsup:.
He's a great guy and runs a very tight operation.

Yes, spend the time to get it as cheap as you can,...its costs PLENTY to make it FIT!

Yes, spend the time to get it as cheap as you can,...its costs PLENTY to make it FIT!
I'll have to disagree on that one. Maybe years ago but these days I have found that AMD is always bang on. Goodmark is cheaper and even does a pretty good job on fitment if you don't mind boring holes for marker lights, etc.

Very few of these vendors will be actually stocking huge amounts of the sheet metal. Most of it is drop shipped from the AMD location. As others have suggested, search out the best price and the vendor with a credible presence in the market. Before placing the order, check the availability of the part with AMD. You can view the AMD website to verify if the product is in stock. If it is not in stock, give them a call to get an ETA on the next shipment. They are usually pretty accurate on the dates.

AMD is currently offering a special on free shipping on all orders, but oversize charges will apply. Most of their vendors will recognize this offer as well. Nobody has mentioned it, but Ted Stephens of Stephens Performance is the largest AMD dealer and offers discounts as well and I know that he stands behind the product if it is purchased through him.

I'll second Summit Racing. You get an oversize charge depending on what yiu order but shipping always free over $100. And it is drop shipped from AMD.

Auto Transport Service
Back