• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

American Autowire 510634

There's a lot of major improvements over the stock wiring system. It's as close to the old school system as it can be to function yet providing many modern upgraded features. It's not prefect, but it's better functioning than stock repos and should work well for you.

I chose this type of harness because I already have some non-OE pieces like a modern Denso alternator and at some point will have EFI. Aftermarket harnesses seem to be easier to adapt to those types of parts rather than trying to make the OE wiring work.

Like I said before, the electrons don't care and I'm happy that I will have nice new wire in my car that I don't have to fight with. But, it's still just wire and connectors, it doesn't really do anything different than the OE stuff.

Are ATO fuses 'better' than the OE glass fuses? Not sure, they do the same thing. If there's a fault in the circuit, either one will blow. Modern TXL wire is nice stuff but what will it look like in 30 years? The OE wire was good when new too.

Most issues with older wiring arise basically because it's old. Once the insulation dries out, it's toast. There's also corrosion, heat, vibration, wayward hands... No one expected that these cars would still be on the road 50+ years later so unless a car was particularly well cared for, it's almost a forgone conclusion that you will be replacing most if not all of the original equipment still in service since it's beyond it's intended useful life.

If I'm interpreting this correctly, what you're saying here is; nutkick, Thefool, Rolleyes, Stick Out Tongue, Big Grin, Gay and last but not least, Drinks.

So should we be congratulating you on coming out as gay? Do I need to go kick someone in the nuts, smoke a joint while smiling then have a beer in celebration?

Sounds like a somewhat bizzare but potentially fun time? Or maybe not.

If I'm interpreting this correctly, what you're saying here is; nutkick, Thefool, Rolleyes, Stick Out Tongue, Big Grin, Gay and last but not least, Drinks.

So should we be congratulating you on coming out as gay? Do I need to go kick someone in the nuts, smoke a joint while smiling then have a beer in celebration?

Sounds like a somewhat bizzare but potentially fun time? Or maybe not.
:wtf::realcrazy:

I'm coming in kind of late on this thread but if you have a choice you could send you should I'm coming in kind of late on this thread but if you have a choice you could send the American autowire back and get the painless American autowire does not supply you with a schematic only a blueprint so if you have a problem with it it's left up to your own devices to discover where all those wires go to the only thing they tell you is where to terminate them

Last edited:
I'm coming in kind of late on this thread but if you have a choice you I'm coming in kind of late on this thread but if you have a choice you could send you I'm coming in kind of late on this thread but if you have a choice you could send you should I'm coming in kind of late on this thread but if you have a choice you could send the American autowire back and get the painless American autowire does not supply you with a schematic only a blueprint so if you have a problem with it it's left up to your own devices to discover where all those wires go to the only thing they tell you is where to terminate them

The Blueprints are fine. They take a different route to tell you the same thing, but it is very readable, unlike your post, j/k...

I would agree that it's easier to install but if you have an issue your own your own

I’m ok with what they provide, seems pretty clear and detailed to me.

And actually, when I was wiring my Duster, I downloaded their A body diagram to use as a reference.

Auto Transport Service
Back