• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another 72 RR grille question

tommyg29

Local time
7:01 AM
Reaction score
Now that some of the parts are being reproduced, unfortunately no one is making the 3 unique brackets. Could they be made by a good fabricator with the right tools?
I guess there isnt a huge market for them. Finding those 3 brackets is the only thing keeping me from buying the other repro grille parts.
Thanks

Now that some of the parts are being reproduced, unfortunately no one is making the 3 unique brackets. Could they be made by a good fabricator with the right tools?
I guess there isnt a huge market for them. Finding those 3 brackets is the only thing keeping me from buying the other repro grille parts.
Thanks
your in box maybe full. I have access to several 72 b bodies in a junkyard, but they are satellites. Does anyone know if the brackets would be the same? If parts from a satellite would work I can try and get you some.

They are different, the guy that started making the grills needs to make them too to help sell the product IMHO.
Ron

They are different, the guy that started making the grills needs to make them too to help sell the product IMHO.
Ron
They are done. The first sets have been made. Here is a pic of them originals in front reproductions in back. $280 set

1A1E7880-9EA5-4352-A775-3FD06090D5E4.jpeg

Awesome,
Very interested.
You going to be able to produce numbers of these?
I believe my grille was replaced with the standard grille many years ago so I only have that hardware. Every once in a while I see some of the parts come available for reasonable $ but now I think I need to pull the trigger and start accumulating the parts. Looks like the last part not duplicated is the main center frame.

72 grille.png

Last edited:
If anyone needs a pull down rod and rod holder bracket, for the hood release system of a 1971 b body, maybe 1972, what I have is from a 1971 satellite.

Awesome,
Very interested.
You going to be able to produce numbers of these?
I believe my grille was replaced with the standard grille many years ago so I only have that hardware. Every once in a while I see some of the parts come available for reasonable $ but now I think I need to pull the trigger and start accumulating the parts. Looks like the last part not duplicated is the main center frame.

View attachment 1371002
I didn’t make them it’s the same guy who made the grille mesh and bezels and sells the on eBay.. I was just in touch with him while he was making these parts.. I am actually surprised he is making these parts as the demand is not that great there are only so many Real road runners that need grille parts and only so many willing to spend $$$$ on a RR clone.

Thanks.
I think now is the time for me to finally piss or get off the pot. My RR is numbers matching and crying to me to replace the grille.

your in box maybe full. I have access to several 72 b bodies in a junkyard, but they are satellites. Does anyone know if the brackets would be the same? If parts from a satellite would work I can try and get you some.
72 satellites in a junkyard? how bad are they exactly? savable?

Thanks
I have brackets if you need them, send me a message if you are still in the market

Thanks.
I think now is the time for me to finally piss or get off the pot. My RR is numbers matching and crying to me to replace the grille.
If you need grille parts, I have bezels, mesh and brackets that I can sell

Auto Transport Service
Back