• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Car Show shooting

In their defense, there have been people who should be shot at car shows,like, the guy who called my 70 Charger R/T SE a Ford,but I managed to restrain myself. Restraint is necessary at car shows!

just wait till your AMX is mistaken for a Pinto....... trust me, it happens

I forgot they had to shut down Knotts Barry Farm the same week as Disney.

just wait till your AMX is mistaken for a Pinto....... trust me, it happens
I was at a local show one year and witnessed a classic case of mistaken identity. A fellow I know had just purchased a Ferrari Testarossa and was proudly displaying it. A spectator noticed the leaping stallion in the grill and asked what year Mustang this was.

I was at a local show one year and witnessed a classic case of mistaken identity. A fellow I know had just purchased a Ferrari Testarossa and was proudly displaying it. A spectator noticed the leaping stallion in the grill and asked what year Mustang this was.
414BFA73-D9A5-48C1-93AB-1BDD5118DDFC.jpeg

Saw that story over the weekend. The story had a picture with a white cadillac lowrider parked but surrounded by police cars.

In their defense, there have been people who should be shot at car shows,like, the guy who called my 70 Charger R/T SE a Ford,but I managed to restrain myself. Restraint is necessary at car shows!
Heck! My 69 charger R/T SE only has one little charger emblem on the headlight door. And is not visible when the lights are on.

"...the shooting occurred during an unpermitted car show hosted by gang members..."

This tells me a lot. Gangs shoot each other all the time, why not at a car show? To me, the fact that there was a "car show" is irrelevant.
"...the shooting occurred during an unpermitted car show hosted by gang members..."

This tells me a lot. Gangs shoot each other all the time, why not at a car show? To me, the fact that there was a "car show" is irrelevant.

Absolutely.

I see nothing listed in socalcarculture.com for this gathering.

Would like to know what constituted this as a “car show”. Like was there 10 cars of interest/lowriders or 50 cars.

If 25 people go to a parking lot, hang out near their cars, not announced to general public… is that a “car show” ?

The news doesn’t understand the car community. And they label things for the lowest common denominator and shortest headline possible.

For instance… there are well 100 public advertised organized “car shows” a summer weekend in Great Los Angeles area. The area has 18 million people and ranges over 100 miles edge to edge.

And probably same many gatherings of people gathering with some inkling of being a car enthusiast. Nefarious people or not.

I have a Concealed Carry and carry EVERYWHERE that it is legal.
I am practiced and professionally trained plus former law
enforcement.
However, at mid 70's I will not win any footraces and
can not hide from trouble anymore even if I was inclined to
do so.

Concealed Carry and carry EVERYWHERE
Same here.

I'd rather have it 1M times and never need it, than leave it home ONE TIME...and need it.

Honestly? I enjoy shooting (always have)...but I hope my CCW, and classes, and legal coverage/insurance, is the biggest waste of time and money in my life. I don't WANT to have to use it. Ever.

More importantly, though...I REFUSE to not go home after something happens because I wasn't prepared.

That is the answer, an armed society is a polite society
I have lived an absolutely amazing life = It can end today for the sake of saving
someone else with a likely much longer future!
My Spiritual Bags are packed and ready to GO!
However, I will NOT go Easy or Quietly.

As a Canadian, why I no longer venture to U.S.A. I feel that I am likely the only one not packing. I find this sad and unfortunate, as I have met and and made friends of so many fine people down there at various car meets and vacations I have taken. Any large event can now be a random target. I know we have our problems up here, too, but proportionately less risk. Not meaning to turn this political or hurt peoples feelings, but just expressing my feelings and sadness of missing my favorite U.S. shows and seeing old friends in the hobby.

Thug life & gangs/drugs/thugs (cRapp ?) culture

Auto Transport Service
Back