• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Car Show shooting

As a Canadian, why I no longer venture to U.S.A. I feel that I am likely the only one not packing. I find this sad and unfortunate, as I have met and and made friends of so many fine people down there at various car meets and vacations I have taken. Any large event can now be a random target. I know we have our problems up here, too, but proportionately less risk. Not meaning to turn this political or hurt peoples feelings, but just expressing my feelings and sadness of missing my favorite U.S. shows and seeing old friends in the hobby.

You can choose to hide, or you can choose to live your life. That is up to you. Law-abiding people with guns (like me)? You won't see them unless/until you do something to provoke them...and that takes a LOT. People who carry LEGALLY know that the only time you produce your weapon, is when your life (or the lives of other innocent people) is / are in danger. Period. Mine doesn't come out to show off, or to "look at this", or to compare/contrast or anything like that. It sees daylight ONLY when I'm firing it - so far, just at a range.

If you look at the....demographics, shall we say? of the "fast food brawl" thread, and events like this one...well...you can pretty well pick where you do and don't go.

Personally? I'm not letting thugs and ******** tell me what I can and can't do with my life. If I want to go somewhere and do something, I do it. Period. Again - that choice is yours (not theirs!).

As a Canadian, why I no longer venture to U.S.A. I feel that I am likely the only one not packing. I find this sad and unfortunate, as I have met and and made friends of so many fine people down there at various car meets and vacations I have taken. Any large event can now be a random target. I know we have our problems up here, too, but proportionately less risk. Not meaning to turn this political or hurt peoples feelings, but just expressing my feelings and sadness of missing my favorite U.S. shows and seeing old friends in the hobby.

sorry you feel that way... you just have to avoid the cities, the other 95% of the country is pretty darn safe

I wouldn't set foot in any of our cities

I've never heard gunshots at any of our car gatherings

Last edited:
the latest is the cops don't know if the shooting was related to the car show or not since there was also a baseball game going on right next to it.

So I assume youre afraid of being in the US because we have cars too...?

Firearms are an inanimate object - like cars. Its a people problem, not a 'gun problem'. canada just doesnt have as many of the same sorts of 'people' as the US does. Yet.

Sadly that’s what the left wants, they want us all to be divided and pissed of, so we can turn this beautiful country into a communist **** hole.
My friend, 'we' have been divided for years - like 200 in places - and pissed off for just as long. However, we have mostly been able to get along - except when some of us wanted to leave and TPTB decided they wanted to maintain control of and tax on production - as the core stock and heritage of the population was not only similar, but as per the Constitution provides. But this purposeful introduction of / invasion of incompatible 'cultures' will indeed be the end of this country as we know it.
This is a moral issue, a 'people problem' if you will, and yes, the (((left))) has been busily creating, promoting and empowering it since, quite frankly, before teh US was firmly established.
I'll probably get this kicked off here and maybe into the 'political' section already - sorry - so I'll say no more. Sufficeth to say that no major, or even midsized, 'urban center' is particularly safe any more, and a pity it is.

The shooting happened because one gang didn’t know that the gangs had agreed on a truce. Wow ! Now people are dead. The guy that done the shooting was probably 12 or 13 years old.

The last two days in peaceful canada........

We had a shooting at a well attended event several years ago. Dispute over a parking space ended up with a guy getting shot dead. They just convicted the shooter to 45 years in prison.

oh, any by the way our attorney general just filed paperwork to proceed with two more executions.

And I will not venture North of our Border. A firearm and radar are essential equipment on the road.
i would feel unsafe without them both. Anywhere.

Cops report the fight started at the baseball game which led to shots fired. I guess the ump made a bad call

A bit of a misnomer, saying the shootout - amongst rival gangs - happened "at a car show"...
y'all read the dang news article again, oy.

They were right next to each other so hard to tell. I'm sure there were thugs at both events

Latest news from 10 hours ago says not really Car Show related. It’s an event focused around a weekly softball game used to promote peace between gangs.

Not like the typical car focused events that take place around the world. This is a very unique anti gang violence event.

From the info that’s come out NOW, it doesn’t grant the title “Another car show shooting”

San Pedro park shooting happened during weekly softball game meant for peace

A weekly softball game that for years has served to promote peace between Los Angeles-area gangs was marred by gunfire during the weekend that left two people dead and six wounded.

More than 500 people were in Peck Park in San Pedro Sunday afternoon to watch the softball teams play, barbecue with family and friends, and to show off and check out low-rider vehicles.

Just before 4 p.m., a dispute between two people escalated into a gunfight that spilled over onto the softball diamond. A barrage of shots was fired as people scrambled for cover.

Two men who were shot died at a hospital, while four women and two other men were in stable condition. No names have been released and no arrests made.

A local nonprofit organized the softball league about five years ago to safely bring together members of different Crips sets, according to gang interventionist Skipp Townsend. Sunday’s game — just weeks after the death of the league’s founder in a car wreck — was between teams from Compton.

“It broke my heart,” Townsend, who often attends the games, told The Associated Press on Monday. “We have these type of events so we don’t have shootings.”

On Sunday afternoon, Townsend and other community leaders were a few miles away from the park, participating in the monthly “Peace Ride” to promote solidarity in high-crime areas. A day later, Townsend was left to wonder if the violence might have been prevented had he and the others been at the park.

He said he would have told the combatants: “You’re not going to do it here. You’re not going to ruin what we have.”

Police have offered few details about the shooting, only saying it was “gang-related” and occurred at a permitted softball game after some kind of dispute. Investigators have not yet determined how many people opened fire.

Multiple guns were discovered at the location and recovered as evidence, authorities said.

“It’s Sunday afternoon, you should be able to go and enjoy the park,” said LAPD Capt. Kelly Muniz, a police spokesperson.

Officials initially said there were five people wounded and taken by paramedics to the hospital, but authorities found out later that a sixth victim went to a hospital in a private vehicle.

...so they drove their whips to the game, parked 'em across the street (away from foul balls), and it turned into a "car show"...

Auto Transport Service
Back