• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another garage..

Looking really good there Devin . . .

Of course . . . give me a yell if you need any help . . .

Nice giant bay window looking in on the garage!
As soon as the garage is sealed up from the weather I'm stripping the siding, pulling the window, closing it in and drywalling it.

Looking really good there Devin . . .

Of course . . . give me a yell if you need any help . . .
If anyone needs help it's you. I've got a telehandler coming out to set the trusses, once they're up it's a cake walk since I'm paying someone to roof it.

I haven't posted any updates in awhile, it's framed, sheated, upstairs floor is in and the roof is being installed as we speak. Ohio weather has sucked, raining all the time and when it isn't raining it's super hot and humid or at least was up until last week. Miserable job!
IMG_20220715_092152285_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220811_200639711.jpg

Devin - That looks incredible . . . Know you're happy to have it completed !

Waiting on the hard rain that should be hitting us soon so I can pull up a chair and relax in a dry garage! Only a few small things for the roofers to finish up but at least it's sealed up.
IMG_20220818_165330522_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220818_165349895.jpg

Mercy, that's nice.
Yeah, last metal roof I put on was the house (after the garage, the giant porch and the "carport") and then
I swore it off forever - "the last time I ever rassle tin". :thumbsup:

Understand completely....if you are off on your measurements by just a schoshe, your fence will be all caddy wampus. Clear as day to me.

For those that don't know, a schoshe is a unit of measure. It is equal to half a smidge.
I love it when everything is put in proper terminology. Lmfao!!

I honestly forgot all about this thread until I saw a notification, talk about bad memory!! Not a bunch of updates, we're building out of pocket now that the roof crushed our funds and holy cow is the cost killing us!

With the house having stone walls amongst other obstacles and the service main only being 15' away I elected to run another conduit and put a dedicated breaker panel in... Wiring is done. Choosing the new stain color turned into a major headache, I bought 13 different stains (pints) trying to please the wife before getting frustrated and mixing my own blend.. SHE LOVED IT YAY!

Siding is air dried poplar from the mill I work at and the Amish only charged me $85 to plane, edge and tung and groove it!! With temps iffy I pre stained everything in my heated garage before hanging it, pretty happy with it but dreading doing the rest of the house:BangHead:. The $1,000 window just came in after months of waiting along with the Hardie shake siding so the dormer is next on the list. Next is garage doors, think we've settled on these?
IMG_20230122_104120114_HDR.jpg
Screenshot_20230216-065938~2.png

Looking good. On the doors if you can swing them, I highly recommend the direct drive/jackshaft units. Frees up space under the door.

IMG_0373.jpeg

IMG_0371.jpeg

Nice looking house and garage.

Your place looks fantastic! You are very patient. I laid a live stone wall (only 2 stones high) all the way around the flower bed that surrounds our house. It was a very relaxing and gratifying experience. Quite rewarding when you are finished.

Your place looks fantastic! You are very patient. I laid a live stone wall (only 2 stones high) all the way around the flower bed that surrounds our house. It was a very relaxing and gratifying experience. Quite rewarding when you are finished.
I agree, out of all the things I've tackled it's probably the most rewarding. To me a lot of it knowing you built something that could literally survive fire and tornadoes and will still be there long after the house has falling in.

Looking good. On the doors if you can swing them, I highly recommend the direct drive/jackshaft units. Frees up space under the door.

View attachment 1426329

View attachment 1426330
Definitely putting those in my shop but in this garage which is parking only there's no real need for extra head space with a 10' ceiling. The cost is already killing us, 28'×28' attached garage... that will be cheap and easy I said:rolleyes:. My wife is ready to kill me already.

Window is in:thumbsup:. Didn't have any help so I cobbled up a stand with a lip so there was no way I could drop it, went pretty smooth. Shingle shakes coming in tomorrow.. to be continued.

IMG_20230302_163124098_HDR.jpg

As long as you don’t have swag in your header your header your doing fine.

Auto Transport Service
Back