• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another historical dealer gone forever

67hemi

Local time
8:36 PM
Reaction score
Every year the number of friendly, small town dealerships gets smaller, while the number of automotive multi-plex superstores grows at an alarming rate. McDonagh Dodge in Metuchen New Jersey is the latest casualty in the David vs. Golith type battle.
Prior to being renamed about 5 years ago, McDonagh Dodge was known as Suburban Dodge. Suburban Dodge proudly served central New Jersey for more than 40 years. Known for their great service and terrific deals, Suburban was THE Dodge dealer to deal with.
Suburban Dodge could also boast parental rights as the original selling dealer of arguable the most photographed and writting about Dodge Charger on the planet. The Red 1970 Hemi R/T SE currently owned by Steven Siegel. This Hemi Charger has graced the pages of numerous magazine, and can be seen on the covers of the HEMI book, by Steve Atwell, as well as several other how to books. In fact, My dad is the person who did the new car prep and all the warranty work on the Charger throughout the 70's, and I am the one that found all the dealer file paperwork and gave it to Steve. Everything from scribble notes, order forms, shipping bills, window stickers, repair orders and much more.
Suburban Dodge will always hold a soft spot in my heart for the fact that since 1967, there has always been at least one of my family members employed there. My Grandfather, father, uncles, brothers, cousins and myself have have worked in the historic dealership.
The building is being torn down and will be replaced with an apartment building. It is truely a shame

hemicharger.jpg

Any pictures of the dealership? Sorry to hear of it's fate.

I've seen a couple of his later movies and the guy doesn't even deliver his own lines half the time. He stays in the shadows, and sits a lot.

Is he sick or sumthin?

Steven Siegel should be well known to everyone in our hobby. He, along with Greg Rager basically built Mopar muscle magazine. They both worked for Musclecar review and when Dobbs publication wanted to start a mopar only magazine these two guys, while obviously not the only ones responsible for the mag, were the main writers that kept the articles coming. Steve also had a long list of cars that were featured in numerous magazines, books, posters, vendors ads and how to articles. Some of the cars he has had featured over the years include: 69 hemi Daytona (which was in numerous how to articlels in MM), 71 6 barrel Cuda conv, 71 hemi Charger R/T, the 70 hemi Charger R/T above and a couple more. When this Charger was featured in Hemmings Muscle Machines last year, they did a play on his name...but he is not the actor. He does however have one link to hollywood, the original Nash Bridges Cuda was based on his 1 of 1 yellow and white hemicuda convertible.

Never heard of him, and I was "in the hobby" long before there were any Mopar magazines. Guess I didn't care who was writing the articles, just whether or not they had their facts straight......which a lot of times they don't

How could you guys not know him ? Do you just look at the pictures in the magazines or do you read them too.

What can I say. Two posts and he's insulting the Mods.:black_eye:
hellofaway to start

Auto Transport Service
Back