• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another hit and run A Hole

That's a shame to happen to a nice car like that. With the damage the other vehicle got, it shouldn't be hard to find it.

Man I hate to see crap like this. I'm already semi-paranoid when I'm on the street in the old Belvedere. There's a lot of crappy drivers everywhere but it seem like it's really bad up around the Vancouver B.C. area. Apologies to my friends north of the border, but I must call 'em like I see 'em.

Ah yes... another classic car owner gets creamed by another a-hole who decided that red light only controls other drivers and not them. And so many of you wonder how I can possibly be such a strong proponent of red light cameras. Well, this is why! The two biggest causes of collector car destruction is rust and red light runners.

Maybe if the yahoo who ran that light and took out that car had just paid a couple hundred bucks in fines for running lights, they may have stopped this time. There's no guarantee they would have, but it's for damn certain not having the cameras ain't helping. :) Stopping for red lights has become a courtesy because it cannot be adequately enforced by cops, which is why we need more red light cameras.

Ah yes... another classic car owner gets creamed by another a-hole who decided that red light only controls other drivers and not them. And so many of you wonder how I can possibly be such a strong proponent of red light cameras. Well, this is why! The two biggest causes of collector car destruction is rust and red light runners.

Maybe if the yahoo who ran that light and took out that car had just paid a couple hundred bucks in fines for running lights, they may have stopped this time. There's no guarantee they would have, but it's for damn certain not having the cameras ain't helping. :) Stopping for red lights has become a courtesy because it cannot be adequately enforced by cops, which is why we need more red light cameras.

Beat that damn dead horse again...LOL...

He ran a stop sign not a light. Perhaps we should let big brother install dash cams in all our cars so they could send us tickets every time we break the law?

How many check to see that an intersection is 'dead' before entering it? You don't just check when the light turns green but you check it BEFORE you go through it no matter how long you've had a green light! I know it's impossible to avoid all the aholes but if you avoid just one, you just might save your car and your butt. I saw a woman get creamed by a dump truck when his brake failed. Her light turned green and he was on his air horn but she still took off. He tried to avoid her but ended up turning over with the full load ending up on top of her. No one else had moved into the intersection but her and the truck. You just have to be on the defensive as much as possible. Imo, if people would pay attention, then we wouldn't need big brother watching us all the time and trying to protect us from ourselves.

- - - Updated - - -

He ran a stop sign not a light. Perhaps we should let big brother install dash cams in all our cars so they could send us tickets every time we break the law?
I read that too...not sure I get the picture. The Ford was approaching a green light but someone ran a stop sign?

Absolutely Cranky .. that's what defensive driving is all about and I practice it religiously. It's even more important over the last many years with all the distracted and "me first" or "me only" mindset drivers out there.

I'm with you Cranky. I always check to see if approaching traffic is going to stop before I commit to entering an intersection. If I hold up somebody behind me for a half second, well, that's just too f'n bad. I didn't get this old by being stupid.

Auto Transport Service
Back