• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another insurance recommendation thread

I have agreed value collector car insurance through Farmers, $70K on the GTX and $50K on the Apache. I drop the collision when they are in winter storage, the premiums for both are under $700 annually. The restrictions are pretty reasonable but the policy stipulates that they are stored in a garage. I doubt that a car port would qualify.
I have a virtually identical deal on my GTX with State Farm. Hagerty recently merged with them for classic underwriting and my new rate barely budged.

Last edited:
When I tried to get Lil Red on State Farm’s classic insurance, they told me it had too many miles and didn’t qualify for classic insurance. At the time it had 48,000:wtf::lol:
That sounds like a run around on their part. I had Baby Blue on my State Farm as a PA licensed classic until the sale two years ago, and the odometer showed 115,000 miles give or take a few during that period. Condition was pretty similar to your Lil Red. As I said earlier, I think the real issue is your age and status as a single male. And in my case, they have an incentive to be nice to me on the cars, to keep my other business.

That sounds like a run around on their part. I had Baby Blue on my State Farm as a PA licensed classic until the sale two years ago, and the odometer showed 115,000 miles give or take a few during that period. Condition was pretty similar to your Lil Red. As I said earlier, I think the real issue is your age and status as a single male. And in my case, they have an incentive to be nice to me on the cars, to keep my other business.
yeah that’s the problem. Apparently we want younger people in the hobby. But we’re not going to accept younger people in the hobby :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back