• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another new guy...

Project66

Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
I'm in Texas and I have been lurking for while. I found this place when I was looking for general information about Mopar muscle cars. In my mind, Mopar is the epitome of the true muscle car but I had to learn a lot before jumping in.

I finally took the plunge a couple weeks ago, buying a '66 Satellite. She needs a little bit of everything, but she does run and drive so it's a pretty good place to start.

For now, I'm sure to have more questions than answers, but I'm looking forward to the journey and I'll share what I learn along the way.

Stella.jpg

Welcome to the site! My first car was a 66 Belvedere II mor dor and have owned a 66 I 2dr post since 88....

:welcome: Welcome from another 66 Sat owner from Ky. Thanks for joining us.:thumbsup:

Welcome aboard Sir, from the middle of the mitten.

Welcome from Missouri!!

Welcome from Michigan. Wife 1st car was a 66 Satellite. :luvplace:

welcome to FBBO

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

My current issue is a bad vibration at certain RPMs. Based upon my research here and on the A-body forum, I think the car has the wrong flexplate. It rolled out of the factory with a 273 (904 tranny). The dude I bought the car from recently installed a rebuilt 360 (has about 500 mi on the rebuild) and it won't rev past 4000 without a bad vibration. I know the car still has the stock converter, so my guess is that he used the stock, neutral-balanced flexplate from the 273 on the externally-balanced 360. I bought the correct flexplate (B&M from Summit Racing) and I'm going to do the swap this weekend. Hopefully, that's the fix.

After that, I need to focus on the cooling system, then wheels...

Welcome from Michigan. Wife 1st car was a 66 Satellite. :luvplace:
Cool! Does she still have it? One of my wife's early cars was a '63 Valiant. She still thinks the push-button transmission was cool.

Welcome Aboard. Beautiful ride. Sounds like you your onto the right idea on the flex plate. Keep us posted!

Auto Transport Service
Back