• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another theft

Scott Engelhardt

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:56 AM
Reaction score
My great nephew is 14. He is a born fisherman. We go on an annual 3 day fishing trip minimum of 8 hours in the boat, after fishing 3 days and a 7 hour drive home the minute he gets home asks his dad to take him to the lake and fishes till his mom goes to get him.
Well the other day while having a mom and son day so **** stick stole his fishing gear from under their camper. 4 good poles, a fly rod that was given to him by my late grandpa, and a huge back pack tackle box about 1500 of tackle most he paid for with money he earned and was gifted. This kid has a huge heart that some *** hat broke.
Last night he was in the camper making a list, his mom asked if he was making a list of his tackle and he said no a list of people to call to find some work to buy new fishing gear.

There are alot of people out there with regards to other folks property. I hope hes able to get the stuff back.

Man that really sucks ! there's always a reason **** like this happens, it'll make him a stronger person, it'll teach him to go & rebuild, to try harder when you have set backs. he will grow from this, God bless him & keep him Safe !

Not the way he is supposed to learn about the world as it is....
We need to go back to the way the world WAS....

Sounds like this young man is a good kid --- and not just another punching buttons all day little wuss, like most of his generation....

I think your grand nephew needs one "extra birthday"
This year.....

My great nephew is 14. He is a born fisherman. We go on an annual 3 day fishing trip minimum of 8 hours in the boat, after fishing 3 days and a 7 hour drive home the minute he gets home asks his dad to take him to the lake and fishes till his mom goes to get him.
Well the other day while having a mom and son day so **** stick stole his fishing gear from under their camper. 4 good poles, a fly rod that was given to him by my late grandpa, and a huge back pack tackle box about 1500 of tackle most he paid for with money he earned and was gifted. This kid has a huge heart that some *** hat broke.
Last night he was in the camper making a list, his mom asked if he was making a list of his tackle and he said no a list of people to call to find some work to buy new fishing gear.
That the attitude of someone that has a great upbringing. Congratulations to the family for raising a fine child.

Could we send him a little cash to help get back in business with fishing? I'd sign up if you can provide mailing info without violating anyone's privacy.

What a sad story, breaks my heart to hear things like this, but warms my heart to hear how he handled the situation like a man
(largely due to how he was raised - no doubt)

Give that boy a pat on the back, he deserves it ! !

Could we send him a little cash to help get back in business with fishing? I'd sign up if you can provide mailing info without violating anyone's privacy.
Peabody,
Great people like you have been proving to this young man that only a few people are bad. As much as the offer is appreciated it is not necessary.

Scott,
You know, if you want, we all send him $ 10 or $ 20,
He will have a quick $ 400 from us -- and he can resupply quickly such that he doesn't lose the summer....

I GPS tag all my sons stuff. His Trek bike got lifted a few years ago and we found it with the cops in 45 min. Dude riding it looked stunned when the cops cuffed him.....

You people are so generous. I only started this as a rant about the *** bags that are out there.

The world is full of people who think, I want it, I'll just take it. I'm sorry to hear that it happened to him. At 14 and he's thinking about who he can work for to make money to replace it, that speaks to the people and way he was brought up and that one day he will be successful because of his drive and attitude. Be proud of him, I know I am!!

I could go on and on about this kid and his little sister. Great kids with great parents.
Me on the left and his dad in the back, Alex was 10

Alex.JPG

Last edited:
.....I hate it when this stuff happens. We've all had similar experiences in life. I lost my first BMX bike in 1981 to a thief who saw us park our bikes at the local arcade. We went in to meet a friend and were on the way out when we saw them riding off.....walked home told my mom, she jumped in the toyota corolla and started looking......both bikes were unique in that they were Takara's and hardly anyone had them.....she saw one of the kids right off the bat.....followed him, grabbed him off the bike, and saw that he had a roll of cash in his sock....no ****......she asked him where the other one was but the kid was like, I'm not telling....mom took the cash....lol. Was like $400. So we eded up with one bike back, and a wad of cash....she bought another bike....and a chain for us. Super mom.

Sort of a long story, but years back, just after I was home from service, my trusty 66 Valiant was parked, locked, out in front of the folks place. Late evening my little brother came running out back to tell me some kid was trying to get into my car. (had a cassette player installed- big deal back then) I went out front of the house and hollered at him. He of course took off running. I chased him for a block or two and then turned right, figuring he'd think I'd given up the chase. Instead I kept running up the next block and then came back through that alley, heading back in the direction we'd been running from.

Sure enough, found him hiding between two garages, watching the street out front. I tapped him on the shoulder, he turned around and I clocked him right in the nose. Grabbed him by the collar and started dragging him back home. By then Dad showed up in his car. I threw him in the back seat and sat down next to him, telling him to give me his address as we were taking him home. He was 15. He was shaking so bad I was starting to worry he'd wet himself before we got him home. Got to his house, knocked on the door and here comes his Dad, looking at me, holding his son by the collar, with a bloody nose.

I explained to the Mr that I'd caught his son red handed trying to break into my car. The old man thanked me, opened the door, grabbed the kid by the collar and dragged him inside the house.

Writing this it occurs to me that had this happened now days, I'd have been sued by the old man, the kid would have been the poor hapless victim and the whole thing my fault for parking my car there.

Anyway, if you change your mind on donations please let us know. He sounds like a great kid.

Scott,
You know, if you want, we all send him $ 10 or $ 20,
He will have a quick $ 400 from us -- and he can resupply quickly such that he doesn't lose the summer....

I'm in for it. Friends/family PayPal or mail. Either way happy to help. I hate thieves.

That sucks Scott. Fricken thieves.

I could go on and on about this kid and his little sister. Great kids with great parents.
Me on the left and his dad in the back, Alex was 10

View attachment 978213

Some NICE wallies there!! :thumbsup:

Im whole-heartedly in for a donation. We all know you didnt tell us the story to get the boy money. I think it would show him that people are still good and not everybody nowadays are ****-bags.

Auto Transport Service
Back