• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any baseball card collectors out there?

john perez

Local time
9:28 AM
Reaction score
I was given two baseball cards and I have searched the internet and can not find the value of these cards. They both are 97 Andruw Jones, Pinnacle Mirror Gold Certified, one PSA 9 and one PSA 10. Anyone know the value of these cards?

I know a avid collector, but I'm not sure he deals with something that new. To me they are worth no more than the bubble gum that were with them, but I will pose the question.

I don't have any MLB Baseball stuff anymore
got rid of all of them the last strike they had
pretty much gave up on MLB, now they've solidified my thinking
I was a season ticket holder for the Athletics for 20+ years
use to go to a few Giants games with buddies too
I was also a fan of the LA Dodgers as a child,
they were my NL team, A's were my AL team

but;
I do have a shitload of older NFL stuff
lots of former Oakland/LA Raiders cards
& even some rookies card for special players

have a bunch of SF 49ers stuff too

lots of cards mostly from the, 70's (few) & later 80's early 90's
then I quit collecting them after James went into the Navy
Still, in plastic pages, bunchs of them, separated by team & conferences

lots of popular players from that era, not just my teams
many of them are Hall of Famers today

my boy James liked collecting them
I had 2 old roommates that liked it too
we'd all sit out in the garage watching football
(I love college football, my garage had a section for viewing it,
smoking room, rugs, sectional couch, recliners, big screen etc)
betting on/with & trading card,
Mike B. was a Miami fan, diehard Dan Marino fan
the other Mike M. was a diehard SF 49ers fan
James (my boy) was a Raiders, SL/LA Rams,
Panthers & Jaguars, fan after the expansion
I have a ton of 4" binders,
well maybe 7 still, filled with cards
still mint, duplicates of some of the more popular players

I think someday I will either sell them,
gotta have some value (?)
or pass them down to someone

Last edited:
Here's one on ebay. Graded 9.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ANDRUW-JON...OR-GOLD-FOIL-PSA-9-POP-3-BRAVES-/324229239729

Screenshot_20210403-194001_Samsung Internet.jpg

I used to do baseball cards. And some football. Had about 1.5 million at one time. Sold off all the junk stuff. Kept everything older than 1980 or newer cards with value. Still have about 200k sitting in the closet and at my dad's house. I loved the old stuff. 75 was one of my favorite designs. 71 was the hardest to get good ones because of the black border. Loved the 56 sideways design. Got lucky with a Mantle rookie years back. Still regret selling it and some others; Rose, Mays, Clemente. I've got complete sets, or near complete from 1968-present. I still buy a factory set every year.

My mother tossed my baseball cards from late 50's to early 60's. Going thru her stuff when she went into a nursing home found her high school homework. She graduated high in 1930 this was in 1990. She wasn't a hoarder but hung on to stuff.

I have a small collection, entirely made up of NY Yankees cards. I have 3 Jeter rookie cards. A signed Mattingly card. The entire team from the 1977 World Championship. A few Yogi Berra cards, a Joe DiMaggio, a Don Larson etc. I have them more for love of the game and the Yankees than for collection purposes.

I have some items from Dooley Womack. We work together for 20 years until he retired. He was a salesman for our company ever since he retired from pitching for the Yankee’s

I have several old sets. Haven't collected since the early 90's

Here's one on ebay. Graded 9.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ANDRUW-JON...OR-GOLD-FOIL-PSA-9-POP-3-BRAVES-/324229239729

View attachment 1092702

I used to do baseball cards. And some football. Had about 1.5 million at one time. Sold off all the junk stuff. Kept everything older than 1980 or newer cards with value. Still have about 200k sitting in the closet and at my dad's house. I loved the old stuff. 75 was one of my favorite designs. 71 was the hardest to get good ones because of the black border. Loved the 56 sideways design. Got lucky with a Mantle rookie years back. Still regret selling it and some others; Rose, Mays, Clemente. I've got complete sets, or near complete from 1968-present. I still buy a factory set every year.

Thanks, I saw that one mine is a little different. The card producers sure make it difficult . I saw a certified gold, red and blue, mirror red, mirror blue, and mirror gold. The idea I guess is to have the same player in three different color codes, each one harder to find because there are fewer cards. Just a gimick by the card producers to make more money! Hell when I was a kid you had Topps, and one card for each player. Life was sure a lot simpler than. Kinda like cars?

DSC06630.JPG DSC06631.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back