• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any interest in a Power Window Relay Kit?

Crackedback

Local time
6:51 PM
Reaction score
I was speaking with a member about the benefits of relays for power windows for B, C and E body cars.

The kit would consist of 8 relays, 2 for each window, and be set up essentially as plug and play using correct Packard 56 connectors at the motors. Some finish termination would be required at the provided supplemental fuse block to tailor wiring to each car. Enough wire would be provided to make a clean installation.

Same build quality as my other relay kits, using as many components sourced from the US as possible. Pricing would be in the 250-300 range depending on brand of relays used, Picker relays on lower end, Tyco/Bosch on the higher end of price scale.

Would there be any interest in a kit like this? Thanks for any input.

Rob, I'm sure they would be just as great as your headlight kit!!! I've got manual windows, but surely others might have a more optioned car. Hope all goes well with this!

Where are you mounting the relays?

Relays mount inside the doors. Keeps them out of sight. One power wire runs into the door or 1/4 panel. Other than that, very stealthy

I am assuming the purpose of this kit is to make the windows operate more efficiently? Will the run faster or more powerfully?

Relays mount inside the doors. Keeps them out of sight. One power wire runs into the door or 1/4 panel. Other than that, very stealthy
So are you able to use the factory master switch on the driver door? How do the other windows operate from the master with only one wire.Not criticizing,just wondering.Thanks,kit looks great.

The kit plugs in where the motor connector is located inside your door using OEM harness. It uses that signal to turn the relays on. In the picture, the green/yellow wired plug attaches to the wiring coming from your switches. The heavier red/black wires plug into the window motor.

Each relay set has it's own dedicated power wire. Only one extra wire goes into the door or 1/4panel. The rest of the system is contained/hidden.

Didn't take the question as a criticism, happy to answer it.

Last edited:
Got it.I don't have any factory wiring as my car had crank up windows.That is where I was confused.Thanks

Yes, they need some type of wiring from the switch to signal.

I could help out there as well. I have the connectors for the relay side to complete. You'd have to terminate at the window switches to complete the circuit.

On your terminal search, hit up mouser. Take a couple really good pics and send it to them. They are usually pretty good on the service side. Good luck on your search.

Hey Rob, hope things are going well. No power windows on the GTX but I will be in the market for your headlight relay kit.

Auto Transport Service
Back