• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any other ROOTS type blower guys here?

HEMI-ITIS

STREETER on LI
Local time
9:25 AM
Reaction score
I have found the ceiling of IAT with my roots blown hemi.At 165* the power flattens out. That is with 6# of boost. I threw 8,then 10 # at it and it would not go faster than 140 that day with the heat and humidity.
I put together a cheater plate system and after reinstalling the carbs I always check for WOT
but the blade from the SV1 carbs https://www.prosystemsracing.com/svseries/
the blade hits the crossbar at 1/3 throttle so that idea in shot down.I ordered a pair of extended fogger nozzles that will be installed in the 1 inch spacer plate under the carbs.I intend to shoot 50/60 HP under each carb.The nozzles are capable of 175 HP each:rolleyes::usflag:. The nitrous will lower my IAT by over 100*:bananadance::bananadance:
With the same tune that made me go 9.3 should put me right into the 8's.I am legal to 8.50 so I think 8.50 will come with 10 lbs of boost. The thought of IAT's under 100* when it's 85/90 * out that day makes me giddy:rofl:.Maybe I can play with the grudge guys.........:confederateflag:
So how have you other guys dealt with this issue??

3.6.14 025.jpg 3.21.12 (49).JPG 5.13.15 005.jpg IMG_9941.JPG IMG_9960.JPG

Have you studied or know anyone who has tried a methanol injection system?? I was going to run one on my Supercharged Mustang, but ended up just tearing engine down and switching pistons to lower my compression. A lot of guys then were using meth and E-85 to get maximum cooling. The system has a cell that mounted in trunk and the methanol spayed proportionate to boost.

E85 has limitation if it's a streeter like mine.It's NOT always available before you run out.It burns 40 to 50% more volume than gasoine. W/M works to a certain extent. I plan on only using juice as an intercooler to reach my legal limit.
I plan on some faster tunes but that's only if the stock front suspention and caltracks make me feel comfy at over 160 MPH. There is one particular assclown with a dedicated race car with $100,000 dollars in it that I want to shut up.His big dollar car hasn't hit the 8.5s yet.I'll do that with my street driven car:rofl::rofl::drama:

Took the carbs off to analyze where to install the nozzles.Looks the carb adapter install will keep the nozzles out of the way of the throttle blade:thumbsup:

IMG_3781.jpg IMG_3786.jpg IMG_3788.jpg IMG_3789.jpg IMG_3790.jpg IMG_3791.jpg IMG_3792.jpg IMG_3793.jpg IMG_3794.jpg

Al, running a small shot 100/120 (total with both nozzles) as you’re planning on running will roughly reduce the AIT down by 30*.

Run a 100 shot in each nozzle (for a total of a 200 shot) and you’ll see the AIT drop about 60*.

Al, running a small shot 100/120 (total with both nozzles) as you’re planning on running will roughly reduce the AIT down by 30*.

Run a 100 shot in each nozzle (for a total of a 200 shot) and you’ll see the AIT drop about 60*.
The IAT will drop over 100* spraying 50/60 HP front & back right into the rotors. I expect to be about 50-80 * in the intake:bananaweed::thumbsup:
Juice come outta the bottle @ -129*!!!

IMG_3798.jpg IMG_3799.jpg IMG_3800.jpg IMG_3801.jpg IMG_3802.jpg IMG_3809.jpg IMG_3810.jpg IMG_3811.jpg IMG_3812.jpg IMG_3813.jpg

Just for a comparison using an InterCooler to reduce AIT.

“To test the cooling effectiveness of the TBS inter- cooler, we built a 1,050 horsepower, 497 cubic inch supercharged power plant capable of running at 7500 rpm. At 6000 rpm, without an intercooler, and 7.7 lbs. of boost, a baseline inlet temperature of 190 degrees was generated with 840 hp and 735 lb-ft of torque returned. At the same rpm, with 7.6 lbs. of boost below The Blower Shop’s Intercooler, the inlet tempera- ture dropped by 44% from 190 to 106 degrees. More significantly, horsepower and torque both increased from 840 to 900 hp, and from 735 to 787 lb-ft torque.”

As you can see, reduced AIT will add HP. I’m curious as to what your AIT will drop too in the direct relationship of the HP shot you spray with.

Using N2O will get you into the 8’s. I have no doubts about that. As always best of luck and keep us informed on your progress!!

Last edited:
I have always been a blower guy. I love the looks and the sound. Nothing better the looks of a blown tubbed out any thing kind of car. Boost is good, but I have decided on big ole twins for boost on my next Hemi build.

100_1455.jpg 100_1457.jpg

I have always been a blower guy. I love the looks and the sound. Nothing better the looks of a blown tubbed out any thing kind of car. Boost is good, but I have decided on big ole twins for boost on my next Hemi build.

View attachment 943694 View attachment 943695
How will you intercool the twins?
Monday I will make my final trip for a few 90* fittings and the engine is good to go.Then snake the long line to the trunk and bolt the bottle holder down.

Update,,,,,the solonoids are in place with plumbing from the nozzles to the noids.Have to get up on a lift to run the nitrous line to the trunk and cut the fuel line in the wheelwell for a "Y" yo feed the fuel noid.
I ended up installing the nozzles in the front & rear into the carb adapter UNDER the carb spacer plate.I expect to slip into the 8's with the same 6 lbs of boost that went 9.36.

IMG_3837.jpg IMG_3838.jpg IMG_3840.jpg IMG_3790.jpg IMG_3791.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back