• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any seasoned Mazda Techs on the board

Wayne you mentioned the heated seats, many newer cars use a body module to cycle or control them , hopefully yours they didn’t. I see vehicles with so many modules doing the work of a lot of wiring and in time they fail . I feel the wiring probably would have been fine if used in stead but wiring is expensive and module is cheaper.. Best of luck!

Control lights work.. seats do not. Just another wiring cluster f and I finally put my E sockets to work and unbolted the seat. Seat heater elements seem good, so I blew another 400 bucks and ordered the control module.
20240105_150827.jpg
20240105_145251.jpg
20240105_151035.jpg

Any programming required for that module?

Ah hell, what's another 400 bucks at this point! If it doesn't work she can light her farts ....

f it doesn't work she can light her farts ....
Consider Bypass Surgery.. Personally I'd see if I could cancel the module & just do it... Heated seats probably weren't a $400 option...

heated seats not working? ......... first world problems :rolleyes:
True... Back in 2008 was the first time I experienced heated seats, my first thought? What a joke... But I picked this car up as a rental at MSP & it was snowing heavily... I had to drive out to Shorewood... thirty miles, most of the way there was untracked snow... By the time I got there I decided they weren't so bad.... :lol:

True... Back in 2008 was the first time I experienced heated seats, my first thought? What a joke... But I picked this car up as a rental at MSP & it was snowing heavily... I had to drive out to Shorewood... thirty miles, most of the way there was untracked snow... By the time I got there I decided they weren't so bad.... :lol:
If the first car in your memory was a 1949 2 door torpedo back Chev. Heated seats and steering wheel heat not working are a minor inconvenience.
One of the best things I remember was riding in a 1957, Meteor with fresh air heat my folks bought, also Chrysler had it.
My first car was a 1958 Delray bought in 1964,
non fresh air heat. You could Not take your gloves or mitts off at -20F when driving. But you could with Ford and Chrysler.
Question, how many people put a can of diesel under their oil pan to heat it up soit would start?

If the first car in your memory was a 1949 2 door torpedo back Chev. Heated seats and steering wheel heat not working are a minor inconvenience.
One of the best things I remember was riding in a 1957, Meteor with fresh air heat my folks bought, also Chrysler had it.
My first car was a 1958 Delray bought in 1964,
non fresh air heat. You could Not take your gloves or mitts off at -20F when driving. But you could with Ford and Chrysler.
Question, how many people put a can of diesel under their oil pan to heat it up soit would start?
First car I remember riding in was dad's 57 Nomad... He bought it in Illinois, took it to Mississippi then in 61 drove it to Alaska, up the Alcan back when it was dirt & gravel... Drove it around in Alaska for four years... So yeah, using fire to heat the oil pan happened... Eventually he scored a block heater so he could just plug it in...

when I parked the magnum and put the wife in a buick, i thought this isn't going to be much fun to drive in the winter without awd, the magnum had heated seats but not a heated steering wheel, that thing is a dream for my old hands!now I'm wondering how i put that in the 95 dually, guess I'd best put a whole steering column in!
I don't know how she drives that thing for an hour with heated seat on, my diff/driveshaft melting after about 3 mins.
Wayne ,maybe put the son on washer fluid duty or you gotta do that too!
Glad i have Dalt to sort this stuff out, I'd be lost if the modules weren't talking to each other, I get confused talking to myself!
the belarus v8 diesels had oil fired block heaters! cookie pan under the motor you just opened a fuel cock and drained fuel into and lit her up. I was a little nervous the first time doing it in a driving shed with 100 other tractors in there, thinking if this goes south with 400 tires and couple thousand ltrs. of gas/diesel around it's gonna be big!

The newer car electronics drive me crazy. And the dealer techs even have trouble if there are no codes….like the power brake hose causing a small intermittent vacuum leak in my 2021 grand Cherokee. I found it and fixed that After 2 no fault found visits.

The Jeep has 18 computers the dealer tech told me.

Our Jeep slammed on the brakes for no reason the other day while using cruise... freaked me out , no trouble codes . It was scary, dash said something about crash avoidance and locked up the brakes.. no problems found... it was not near another vehicle or anything when it happened, it randomly freaked out. Computers suck, I’ll take points and a carb any day.

Hey Wayne, I see "Sock Boy's" aircraft broke down again, leaving him stranded at the end of his vacation. Feel like helping him out (and get a Carribean vacation to boot)? lol.

The newer car electronics drive me crazy. And the dealer techs even have trouble if there are no codes….like the power brake hose causing a small intermittent vacuum leak in my 2021 grand Cherokee. I found it and fixed that After 2 no fault found visits.

The Jeep has 18 computers the dealer tech told me.
Plugged the scanner into a 2023 Tundra yesterday for a health check and update the software for electronic parking brakes. Scanner took about 15 minutes to read data from all 56 ECU's
When I was at hybrid school about 8 years ago I asked one of the factory Toyota service reps about corrosion on electrical connections and why they don't use more weather-pack connectors. His reply was we build cars for the entire world not just the cold and damp states.

Plugged the scanner into a 2023 Tundra yesterday for a health check and update the software for electronic parking brakes. Scanner took about 15 minutes to read data from all 56 ECU's
When I was at hybrid school about 8 years ago I asked one of the factory Toyota service reps about corrosion on electrical connections and why they don't use more weather-pack connectors. His reply was we build cars for the entire world not just the cold and damp states.
I got about the same answer years ago at Nissan, "you know Canada has about the same population as the state of California?"
:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back