• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

any small engine guru's here?

If you want to quit on the mower, a used vertical shaft motor on Craigslist should be cheap enough. Or a new z turn Dixie chopper is always fun

what about pressurising the fuel tank , like old cars had . got a pressure sprayer laying around doing nothing

i wonder if goats are cheaper than lawn mowers?
6455.jpg

If you want to quit on the mower, a used vertical shaft motor on Craigslist should be cheap enough. Or a new z turn Dixie chopper is always fun
i'm thinking the zero turn route and be done with it. the more i study the fuel system layout on this thing the more i think it was designed by an ex-ford engineer.

After following this thread yesterday morning, I go out to mow and the battery is dead on mine. Only about 4 years old. Hope you get yours going, Lew.

Last edited:
I just take my pickup truck out back and do lots of burn outs that gets the grass nice and short it won't come back for like 5. Months

After following this thread yesterday morning, I go out to mow and the battery is dead on mine. Only about 4 years old. Hope you get yours going, Lew.
i think i'm just going to move on and get another mower. sad part is this ones only 3 1/2yrs old. these things are just expensive throw aways. drove the '65 out to the little town of Hope for a cruise last night. 100 mile round trip and the blue bomb purred like a kitten. hope we can get together sometime.

i think i'm just going to move on and get another mower. sad part is this ones only 3 1/2yrs old. these things are just expensive throw aways. drove the '65 out to the little town of Hope for a cruise last night. 100 mile round trip and the blue bomb purred like a kitten. hope we can get together sometime.
Wow, only 3 1/2 years old and having this kind of trouble already? I think I'd talk to whoever you bought it from, see if they have any ideas. Although they'll probably blame it on the fuel. I've got an old push reel type mower here that you can use. My neighbor here has went through 3 mowers in 5 years, so she's been hiring it done the last couple of years. Probably cheaper that way. They sure aren't made to last. I've been using Deeres for the last 30+ years and they aren't made as well as they used to be. Mt. Lawn on Monday will probably be the last show for us this season, getting close to harvest time. Wanted to get down to the Dog n Suds this summer but never made it.

well i didn't have to buy a goat. got the thing figured out. once i got the needle from hanging up i disconnected the inlet and out lines to the pump. primed the carb from the pump outlet line, primed the pump inlet thru the inlet line and primed the pump inlet line as best i could back to the tank. the thing started up and ran. i got to thinking about the pump, which has very poor suction and pressure, being high enough to where gravity feed isn't possible; so i primed everything. pump just needed a little help.

Wow, only 3 1/2 years old and having this kind of trouble already? I think I'd talk to whoever you bought it from, see if they have any ideas. Although they'll probably blame it on the fuel. I've got an old push reel type mower here that you can use. My neighbor here has went through 3 mowers in 5 years, so she's been hiring it done the last couple of years. Probably cheaper that way. They sure aren't made to last. I've been using Deeres for the last 30+ years and they aren't made as well as they used to be. Mt. Lawn on Monday will probably be the last show for us this season, getting close to harvest time. Wanted to get down to the Dog n Suds this summer but never made it.
been going to the suds when weather allows. those folks with cameras down there would probably wear their batteries out on that red beauty. will probably go to gas city for a walk thru and hope to drive the '65 to the newport antique auto hill climb oct 1st.

Auto Transport Service
Back