• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody bought acetylene in a while?

i’m probably in for an eye opener, in need both oxy, acetylene and mig gas !

I just went and bought acetylene and oxygen this afternoon, and we only have medium size tanks. The issue is with our state I believe. I do not know if it is nationwide, but
the owner waited on me, and said " there is a
50.00 fee per tank, (Hazmat) charge, I was not very happy, but the owner was more upset, and was bitching about all this with me. He has a very nice place there, and keeps quite alot of inventory, but things are really getting dicey, and they may have to go out business. What a shame........
Jerry, I tried to send you a message but your mail box is full.

Years ago Air Liquide bought Air gas and several other suppliers, and I think that Linde (also owns PraxAir) is the only other supplier.

My 75/25 bottle is getting really low. I have a small job to do and I hope I don't run out. I noticed this the last time I used the welder and called around local to me to see if someone would fill it. Even though I own the bottle no one will fill a bottle that wasn't theirs in the first place. So I'll have to take it back to the place I bought it from down in Maryland. PITA! Then I guess I'll find out what new fees will be added.

Thanks Dodge33 for the heads up :thumbsup:

Moxley's at Rt 1 and 136? My problem is I don't use up my Argomix fast enough, they hit me with a re-hydro fee last time.

My 75/25 bottle is getting really low. I have a small job to do and I hope I don't run out. I noticed this the last time I used the welder and called around local to me to see if someone would fill it. Even though I own the bottle no one will fill a bottle that wasn't theirs in the first place. So I'll have to take it back to the place I bought it from down in Maryland. PITA! Then I guess I'll find out what new fees will be added.

Thanks Dodge33 for the heads up :thumbsup:
I have two full size 'mix' bottles (private) for my TIG and MIG machines (which I haven't used in a good while) but the stick side of the TIG machine goes down to 5 amps and I'm learning to do stitch welds with it lol. ALL of my bottles are past the 10 year test dates. Also have a plasma cutter so the 'heating' rig only gets used when something needs to get bent and imo, our gooberment needs to get bent. Yeah, political but man, some times it's so hard not to complain about where we're going. Lots of people come here to get away from the restraints of their countries and we're going there sooner or later it seems.

Come to think of it, it might be over ten years since I had this one filled :rolleyes:
There used to be a welding supply house that was about 5 miles from me and they didn't care if the bottle was out of date. They might balk about a nasty looking bottle and check the date and test it but mine are all nice looking. Out of date but don't look like they've been run through the ringer.

This thread reminded me, I was out.
Went and got my bottle filled(swapped).
75 cf was $85 plus our ridiculous sales tax.
How does that price compare nationally?

20230811_114428.jpg

I got real lucky last Saturday late afternoon,
and found a 100lb propane cylinder on Craigslist, and went and looked at it, and was in very good condition. It needs to be filled,
but I got it for 30.00 and thought it was a great deal for me. So, I will buy the correct cutting tip for my Victor torch setup, and
will not have to worry about it anymore! Everyone have a great day!

Moxley's at Rt 1 and 136? My problem is I don't use up my Argomix fast enough, they hit me with a re-hydro fee last time.

I checked with my local TSC and they do handle welding gas, even keep it in stock. They said they once did accept different bottles for refills but not anymore. They only take the Thoroughbred blue bottles. A 80 is around $300 to start out. So I guess I'm going to Westminster Md for a refill.

I checked with my local TSC and they do handle welding gas, even keep it in stock. They said they once did accept different bottles for refills but not anymore. They only take the Thoroughbred blue bottles. A 80 is around $300 to start out. So I guess I'm going to Westminster Md for a refill.
So, they won't take any homeowner bottle even if the collar is clean? Every bottle I have is a homeowners bottle and the collars have absolutely nothing on them....

A couple of weeks ago I went to replace my mig tank (large). Been dealing with this shop for years and I always get a "special" price. The guy looks at his screen and says "this is ridiculous, I can't charge you that". He fiddles with the computer a bit more and says "Huh, it won't let me change the price. Screw it, take the tank and I'll catch you next time." As we're loading the tank he say's "The hell with it - this one's a freebee".
wow , now way anyone in Tulsa would do that , greed reins supreme here ...

So, they won't take any homeowner bottle even if the collar is clean? Every bottle I have is a homeowners bottle and the collars have absolutely nothing on them....

The manager's words were they only take Thoroughbred blue bottles. :rolleyes:

Auto Transport Service
Back