• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody ever removed a floor from 1 car and installed in another?

Yep and not broken. I'm getting to the point where it would be better to just part me out rather than to restore me. lol.

I have done it. It's a ton of work over using new metal. You said that you were worried about rust at welds... remember, there will be some surface rust on the original pan and you will have the desire to strip the pan down to bare metal.

A floor pan with new metal is a lot of work. Multiple the job by 3 to cut out and prep an original pan to replace it vs. installing repro pieces. Ultimately it comes down to 1) How much do you value your time? 2) How much do you value original metal over reproduction?

If the donor car is going to be scrapped, I thought it easiest to cut the entire bottom off the car off, and then trim down to/remove the floor pan.

Im going to try to salvage anything I can that might useful to other people to sell. Anything not useful or sellable will be scrapped. Thanks for all your help guys.

Wanted to update this thread. 2 words NEVER AGAIN! I got a lot of metal I needed and am selling what I don’t need. But next time I’ll buy new if available. I’m having nightmares about drilling spot welds.

Auto Transport Service
Back