• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody know how to contact Galen ?

I was in MMCI early on, back in the early '80s. I got hold of GG for the first time maybe in 1984. I actually provided him with fender tag info and broadcast sheet copies from cars my friends and I parted beck then - all the way from two Hemicudas to a '76 Newport pilot car. Only met him one time, and that was at the Dallas Mopar Club show a long time ago. Bought the updated White Books he had available and we had a nice chat. He was very interested to know all about my '69 Dart GTS 440 car, when I owned that in 1988-89. But, after my nephew tried to get help on his AAR 'Cuda (partial BS and missing fender tags), and GG blew him off, that kinda pissed me off. After that, I really had zero use for the guy. Especially since I provided him a wide range of info back in his early days of doing his thing.

Last edited:
It doesn't sound like GG has a very big fan base here. He used to do a " By the Numbers " column in one of the Mopar magazines. One month he concentrated on the 1969 SuperBee. Since I had bought one new so many years ago, I was interested in his information. He covered all the standard features of the car, plus options that were available. He stated that dual stainless exhaust tips were standard equipment for all 1969 SuperBees, except in California, where they had some kinds of noise pollution laws. The cars built for California would all come with turndown exhaust pipes. I found this curious, since my Ontario, Canada car did not have the stainless tips, but had turndowns. In my experience in my corner of the world, it was about 50/50 that SuperBees had the fancy tips.
As fate would have it, in short order, I was at Chryslers at Carlisle, and GG was hosting a trivia contest at the grandstand. I was able to answer quite a few of his questions, and got some kind of plaque, or something. He asked how I knew so much about old Mopars. I answered that I had been around them since before it became fashionable, and I read a lot. I told him that I had read his article on 1969 SuperBees, and took exception to his claim that they all came with stainless tips as standard equipment. I explained that the one I bought new had turndowns, as did about half of the ones in my area. His response was that Ontario must have had a noise law similar to the one in California. I said that still did not explain why some of our SuperBees had the tips, while others did not. It should have been either one way or the other. At that point, he turned and walked away, leaving me standing there. What is other people's experience with stainless tips on '69 'Bees? Do they all have them down there, or do you guys see turndowns as well?

Many had turndowns. And the tips were not stainless, they were chrome plated metal that would rust on a daily driver winter car.

Mine has always had turn downs on it, and as matter of fact ECS still has my original tail pipes leaning in a corner somewhere as Tom forgot to ship them back to me after they duplicated my OE head pipes to add to their sales catalog.
bee200mileinspectionjune12020 015.JPG

Don’t know exactly who you fellas are talking about, maybe heard the name in the past, many years ago. Sounds like he’s burned out, older, retiring, should close whatever website he has. Would think someone would be proactive & replace the man from the past. Im new & have read a lot of post & there are some great Mopar intelligence on this forum. This forum has helped me more than anyone of you would realize & with that I thank you!

I think he did a lot for the hobby when he started out. That was decades ago though and although many of us still use his information there are other sources now and his time has come and gone.
For the most part Mopar guys try to get the details right in comparison to the average Mustang Mary and Mullet Camaro guys and that's probably due to him selling the information to us long ago. So we have to thank him for that.
He did sell the information to us and it wasn't a hobby for him though so we've already thanked him. If he had ran the business correctly and simply kept in contact with customers more respectfully his business would have grown enough to hire people to help him and he would have been the go to guy but he didn't. So that's the choices he made.

I think he did a lot for the hobby when he started out. That was decades ago though and although many of us still use his information there are other sources now and his time has come and gone.
For the most part Mopar guys try to get the details right in comparison to the average Mustang Mary and Mullet Camaro guys and that's probably due to him selling the information to us long ago. So we have to thank him for that.
He did sell the information to us and it wasn't a hobby for him though so we've already thanked him. If he had ran the business correctly and simply kept in contact with customers more respectfully his business would have grown enough to hire people to help him and he would have been the go to guy but he didn't. So that's the
He's right you know!
26hooa.jpg

I think GG would find some perverse pleasure in knowing that he has been the subject of this many posts. LOL

A big problem isn't with Galen, but it's when a car is sold, whether by an individual, auction or a flipper. Just because it's got a letter from him saying "your car was built at Main St Assembly Plant during lunch break on Christmas Day and is the 543,923 out of 545,322 built that year with a windshield",the seller tries to pawn it off as the car is a fully documented and correct. And that justifies the unobtanium price on it.

And Galen does not approve of this message.

Auto Transport Service
Back