• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody know how to contact Galen ?

Now 19 years waiting for the report on my Superbird... Did my Bee and never even commented on my Bird. Left me thinking it was bogus... which it is not. He may have started out helping the community, but then became a blood sucking leach. Even back then when questioning were my report was, after supplying everything, he expected me to call in and give Dianne my credit card # to talk.
View attachment 1444490View attachment 1444491

True Dat.

You’d be better off sending it to Mark at Graveyard Carz, at least he tries.

I met Galen around 1993.
Nice enough guy back then, but even then if you didn't have a Hemi car, a six pack car, or a wing car, he really wasn't too interested in anything you had to say.

Now 19 years waiting for the report on my Superbird... Did my Bee and never even commented on my Bird. Left me thinking it was bogus... which it is not. He may have started out helping the community, but then became a blood sucking leach. Even back then when questioning were my report was, after supplying everything, he expected me to call in and give Dianne my credit card # to talk.
View attachment 1444490View attachment 1444491
You have to be patient. If anyone talks with him, make sure he knows I still have that rusty hose clamp holding the old SunTach to the steering column.

I met him at the Topeka show years ago. He veered over to me after he saw two 71 Cudas sitting in my swap spot otherwise he would have just walked on by. I wasn't to impressed. I do think he has been an asset with his white books. I use them often.

I’ve always had the exact opposite dealings with Galin and I don’t have a Hemi or 6 Pack car. For example, I was at a car show at the Atlanta Dragway and Galin approached me and told me that he had advised one of the major Mopar publications that they needed to do a feature on my car. After the show Rob from Mopar Collectors Guide interviewed me and took pictures of my car.

I’ve always had the exact opposite dealings with Galin and I don’t have a Hemi or 6 Pack car. For example, I was at a car show at the Atlanta Dragway and Galin approached me and told me that he had advised one of the major Mopar publications that they needed to do a feature on my car. After the show Rob from Mopar Collectors Guide interviewed me and took pictures of my car.
I have that magazine in my collection, don’t know exactly where. I still have some MCG newspaper style issues.

I'm still waiting for a call back on my V-code GTX........from 2006.
Seems this is the era when things went south. He did a report for the previous owner of my GTX back in the 90s, and it's a "lowly" 440 automatic hardtop. Sent the fender tag tracing on my A33 car in 2016, with a check, and never heard boo.

Just stumbled into this thread; interesting...
I have never spoken TO Mr Govier personally, but have spoken to Diane several times. SHE is a jewel. And he did the report on my car, even tho its only a 318/auto/nothing special. Granted, I didnt get the whole enchilada report and inspection, but still got my paperwork as promised. And did I mention how helpful and pleasant Diane was? :)

Seems this is the era when things went south. He did a report for the previous owner of my GTX back in the 90s, and it's a "lowly" 440 automatic hardtop. Sent the fender tag tracing on my A33 car in 2016, with a check, and never heard boo.
What happened to the check, cashed or discarded?

Discarded
I guess I am kind of slow, but are you saying you mailed him the info for him to decode along with a check, and he ignored you and ripped up the check?

I don't really have a hate story about Galen.....he did do paperwork and trace on my 70 GTX back in the '90's. It might have taken 13 months all up, but he did get me the information I was after....well about 90%.....I did my own detective work after that and eventually tracked down the original purchaser of the car. I called him on the phone one day, and he was totally blown away that his old GTX was still around....although it was in a different country.

Galen did make me kinda famous also......

1680754242463.jpeg

Galen article large.JPG

Lipshitz used to stroll through car shows and open hoods to take pictures of fender tags.
I am serious when I state that if I caught some idiot opening my hood, he would be met with a hard kick to the ***.

I guess I am kind of slow, but are you saying you mailed him the info for him to decode along with a check, and he ignored you and ripped up the check?
I don’t know if he ripped the check up, but it has never cleared, seven years later. I never stopped it. I had already decoded the tag, I just wanted to get it in his registry. Don’t care what happens now, sold car three years ago.

I have never understood why it is, or was, so important to people to have their Mopars "blessed" by this guy. Or be registered by him.

I have never understood why it is, or was, so important to people to have their Mopars "blessed" by this guy. Or be registered by him.
At the time, I thought it might enhance resale value. Lack of it hasn't appeared to make a difference as the car has moved through the auction circuit.

Ok, I am kinda/sorta neutral on the Galen thing. I have had ok dealings with him back in the day. Talked to him personally a couple times at one of the Mopar Nats I attended from 90 to 95 or so. He didn't want to spend much time talking to me, even though I had a 6-pack Cuda, and a big block Cuda vert. No big deal, he was friendly enough, I guess. Just not much "personality." I gave him a copy of the broadcast sheet on the 71 convertible, and got a report back sometime later. I can't remember how much time passed, but it was interesting stuff, including production information, etc. Best I remember, he may have called me a couple times inquiring if the car was for sale. I always told him no and pretty much left it at that. Not long after one of those calls, I got a call from Bill Rolik asking if the car could be bought? Same answer, no, but I would entertain interesting trades. Nothing ever came of the calls, but Bill would check in on a yearly basis, and we always had long, interesting conversations. I always knew that if Bill had acquired the car, there would, obviously, be a kick back to "you know who."

And, so far as the 6-pack Cuda goes, best I remember, (and, yes, I still have all the envelopes/paper work) it took a couple years or so to get Galen's report back, and there was a note included that there was no charge since it took so long.

So there it is, my inflationed out .02 cents worth.

PS, I always enjoyed reading his articles. Learned a lot from them, to be honest.

Auto Transport Service
Back